Year 11 (1 Viewer)

Moomoo1992

HSC
What does everyone think or year 11 so far?

i think its good except all the assesments

huhwotsthis

HSC
It's okay for me, I just got to start the effort otherwise I'm going to fail everything.:D

I only have two assignments so far, and they're pretty easy.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I highly regret what I am doing (partially).

I would have LOVED to do Engineering Studies or Physics instead of Biology. I still really like Biology but it seems irrelevant to what I want to do next and I do not think my aptitude lies in this particular subject.

Looked at Engineering Studies, it looks so interesting. It is quite mathematical and I LOVE IT! Since I am a maths nerd, I would have loved few more subjects where I can do some more maths.

EDIT: Apart from this minor issue, I am quite satisfied with what I have achieved so far and cannot wait for next term (even though I would still like having a holiday from it).

FURTHER EDITION: Reading over my post, I seem to have contradicted myself in few areas... oops, my apology

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well after 1 term I feel that I haven't been putting in the effort that I should have, so I'm going to use these holidays to get a fresh start and be more focused.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I highly regret what I am doing (partially).

I would have LOVED to do Engineering Studies or Physics instead of Biology. I still really like Biology but it seems irrelevant to what I want to do next and I do not think my aptitude lies in this particular subject.

Looked at Engineering Studies, it looks so interesting. It is quite mathematical and I LOVE IT! Since I am a maths nerd, I would have loved few more subjects where I can do some more maths.

EDIT: Apart from this minor issue, I am quite satisfied with what I have achieved so far and cannot wait for next term (even though I would still like having a holiday from it).

FURTHER EDITION: Reading over my post, I seem to have contradicted myself in few areas... oops, my apology
Haha, I did engineering studies as my 14th unit at the beginning of the term, and it was really slow and I didn't learn much, and it didn't scale as well as physics or chemistry, so I decided not to continue with it. Physics is much more awesome, although I would rather take a test four times as hard as a 3U math test rather than a physics test.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I hate the assessments. Homework is all good and well - it's basically just the stress that assessments bring with it.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Moomoo1992 said:
What does everyone think or year 11 so far?

i think its good except all the assesments
I really like yr11. Nothing counts to my HSC, and i'm only doing the subject which I love (excluding english). It's also fun because all my subjects are extremely easy for me, and i've been doing relatively well, dispite having been "cramming the night before" for every single test. However, not being no.1 is distressing, so I've decided to study this holiday. I'm revising 3U math right now. I spent a long time on a SHM question, and after many attempts, I realised I got the period wrong (Doh!), then I solved it in about a minute.

I'm glad I chose the easy (and popular) subjects for Yr 11/12 because it means i'll get great marks. About 85% of my school does Physics and/or Chemistry, and 90% does 3U math, making my good marks in those subjects even more pleasing, because I'm beating that many people. :D

Yr 11 is really fun, although I wish I could choose 4U math as one of my prelim units... that way I wouldn't have to do 3U English.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
sikhman said:
best part of year 11 = being seniors in dining hall

:)
lucky you. i have to eat standing up, outdoors, and the seats are usually dirty. :(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
best part of year 11 = being seniors in dining hall

:)
We don't even have a dining hall, not posh enough!

HSC
Aplus said:
Well after 1 term I feel that I haven't been putting in the effort that I should have, so I'm going to use these holidays to get a fresh start and be more focused.
Same. I have to update my notes and books, because i'm way behind. I also have my half yearlys when i come back, so thats another reason to get my act together.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Of course you got could go to the better GPS school *cough* High *cough*

*hides from Sikhman*

SG1991

The crazy volunteer <3
HSC
Aplus said:
Same here

I'm trying to get all my holiday homework over and done with so I can really focus on catching up and getting ahead. The problem is that my Ancient History booklet makes me want to fall asleep!!

Any advice?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
SG1991 said:
Same here

I'm trying to get all my holiday homework over and done with so I can really focus on catching up and getting ahead. The problem is that my Ancient History booklet makes me want to fall asleep!!

Any advice?
If i were you, i would study some for other subject instead, such as math.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)