Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmwa

HSC
o3o dat stress...

do they still help others out? Or are they competitive as in, I want to be the best, so I'm not going to help you because if I help you, it's going to bite me back in the arse :c
Sadly I actually know people like that :(

Fiction

HSC
Thats what I call bull shieeetttiiinngg!
It's kinda hard to bs bio though, they (or at least my teacher) look for key words. E.g prove does not equal to test/ support. Say for the biochemical evolution theory, if you said that Urey and Miller's experiment proved oparin and haldane's theory, it's wrong.

Idk, waffling usually leads to random words being tossed everywhere hence = hard to waffle in bio.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
3/4 of my year legit don't care about doing well, so essentially I have to attain great ranks to avoid complacency.
I'm actually surprised - considering the nature of your school (if you know what I mean)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
o3o dat stress...

do they still help others out? Or are they competitive as in, I want to be the best, so I'm not going to help you because if I help you, it's going to bite me back in the arse :c
They are competitive

But they help others out and are nice

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Isn't that a good thing? I thought that meant that you didn't have to compete with as many people for rank x
The only disadvantage of going to a badly ranked school is that there's less 'competition' or drive to excel academically, and that can result in either a) you making excuses b) complacency

Fiction

HSC
Your School Rank?

Mine: 60th as of 2013
60th is pretty good, and seeing your ranks in maths, you are defs doing really well. What's your atar aim or "dream" course? :) Excuse my cheesy language, I'm having a mind fart atm. :/

Audranda

HSC
Isn't that a good thing? I thought that meant that you didn't have to compete with as many people for rank x
I suppose so, but given the school environment, the lack of competition eases hubris and complacency.
My school ranking has been scarily volatile for the past 3 years.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
That's nice to hear :) wait so are they just like study-mode all the time? Cuz that's a bit- just a little, extreme lewl
There are some people who basement 24 / 7 then there are those who are good at everything

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
The only disadvantage of going to a badly ranked school is that there's less 'competition' or drive to excel academically, and that can result in either a) you making excuses b) complacency
Hawk , I'm so sorry about making that silly post. I really didn't mean it that way - what I was implying only justified my horrific English skills and I did not intend to imply anything other than that .

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Interesting posts by enoilgam regarding maths:

Personally, I have a big issue with the current system and the way schools treat maths in junior school. Schools are very reluctant to move students across maths classes in Years 9 and 10 and they often refuse to allow 5.1/5.2 students to do higher level maths. So essentially, schools are restricting the options of students for senior school based on their results in Year 8 which is utterly ridiculous. I tutor Year 7-10 maths and I have seen a few talented students miss out on 2U and 3U simply because they had an off year in Year 8 and the school refuses to move them up despite their obvious skill. I think something needs to be done to allow for easier promotions, because the current system is grossly unfair.
Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)