• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiction

HSC
tutoring doesn't mean you will achieve better results.. I have seen people get state rank in 4 unit English without a tutor.
Also not all subjects are rote learning.. here are a few that are not: music, drama, physics, chemistry. Even English is not rote learning, you need your own ideas to write a sophisticated essay. Memorising essays is not a good idea since they can ask you any question in an HSC exam. Your thesis needs to be general so you can adapt it on the spot. It is important to practice writing essays on the spot rather than write one essay and memorise it. I think the only real rote-learning subjects are HSIE based and Biology
haha visual arts is half rote-learning in theory-ish. But then again I'm failing the theory component so maybe it isn't C:

Tutoring is, IMO, good for those with long attention spans. Agreed on eng and rote-learning bit. Although you need your own ideas for everything.

Fiction

HSC
I'm curious. How does everyone here study for English?

I'm alluding to the upcoming/recent exams with an in-class response - essays, creatives..

Does anyone here memorise a generic essay? Or just memorise quotes and the underlying themes/characters of the text? I find it immensely difficult to study whilst expected to write under such onerous time constraints.
I'm planning to ~generally~ memorise an essay.
Why would your studying now affect any time constraints during the test? that came out wrong but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm asking. You studying for your english now, has no impact on your time constraints in the test. Feel free to take up to 30 hours perfecting that generic essay so you can spew it out and adapt it on the day of your exam. :)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I have a french speaking exam tmr and the 3 hour written section as well, hopefully I shall get 100%.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
eh, it all comes down to practice tbh

English was actually my worst subject in year 10 and I had to work my socks off to improve

having simple language is fine, is long as your thesis/point has a purpose
On that note my module C trial essay marker wanted a shorter sentences.

matchalolz

HSC
I swear as I moved through high school I started to care less and less about yearly exams each year :devil:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

matchalolz

HSC
le me has a le english extension essay due tomorrow but le me is not going to do le essay becoz le me is dropping le subject WOOHOO #swegswegsweg mwhahahahahahaha i'm so evil

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
This generation

Sent from my iStone I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)