Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
The competition at our school is crazy as hell.
my school has like no competition...not in any of my classes anyway. not many people seem too motivated. i guess that sort of brings everyone down because nobody has motivation to do better than anyone else. theyre too chilled out at my school. we're all just cruising along..nobody takes things too seriously atm :/

Simran-

HSC
Our school is 90% Indian, mostly because its close to Harris Park and that suburb IS Indian (no racism intended). Lol
are u at the same school as justem and flyingmwa?
No, that's true. It's bound to be competitive because there are many indians living in harris park/parramatta area.

Simran-

HSC
ive failed a few times. i failed my maths yearly last year and got 38% :/ I also failed my english yearly last year. got like 7/20 for my creative writing task damnit :(
As I said, I would be out the door by now if i would have failed :(
And if there isn't much competition at your school then that's actually good since you can easily get rank 1. No one will be able to have an affect on your ATAR.

Simran-

HSC
Got my SOR 1 essay back from last term. It was a prepared essay and had to be done in 40 mins.
A tad bit disappointed :/

lavender1001

HSC
are u at the same school as justem and flyingmwa?
No, that's true. It's bound to be competitive because there are many indians living in harris park/parramatta area.
Yep, there are others on BoS who go to our school as well (and I know one that has graduated from it)

Got my SOR 1 essay back from last term. It was a prepared essay and had to be done in 40 mins.
A tad bit disappointed :/
I did an SOR 1 speech last term and I got 16/20 so Im quite happy with my result. Sorry to hear about your's. Do you plan keep it or drop it in Year 12?

rawrliongirl

HSC
As I said, I would be out the door by now if i would have failed :(
And if there isn't much competition at your school then that's actually good since you can easily get rank 1. No one will be able to have an affect on your ATAR.
i thought my parents would kick me out haha, my mum gets pretty mad with me (asian expectations..too high >.<) but my dad just gets a little disappointed.
but the thing is...i dont even think i rank in the top 10 for most of my subjects at the moment :( theres just those naturally smart people who take out the top ranks..the naturally smart ones who somehow get amazing marks without even studying........

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
You guys , my school is getting crazy in terms of competition - people want to try to snake their way to rank 1 and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

My results so far:
Maths 2u: 95%
Legal: 82% ( the essay screwed me over lol)

Last edited:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
i thought my parents would kick me out haha, my mum gets pretty mad with me (asian expectations..too high >.<) but my dad just gets a little disappointed.
but the thing is...i dont even think i rank in the top 10 for most of my subjects at the moment :( theres just those naturally smart people who take out the top ranks..the naturally smart ones who somehow get amazing marks without even studying........
You can be just as amazing if you put in the hard yards - don't give up ! I have faith that you'll get the ranks you deserve :)

matchalolz

HSC
refusing to go to sleep until i finish this assignment :/ was planning to have it done by yesterday so it's already one day overdue in terms of schedule but i can't give up now... anyone awake and productively doing school work?

matchalolz

HSC
gosh im so sleepy. gonna sleep now. good night.
haha goodnight :) my body is telling me 'go sleep now' but my mind is telling me 'go study you lazy thing :p'. i'll need to stay up late a few times if i want to get up to date with things

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
refusing to go to sleep until i finish this assignment :/ was planning to have it done by yesterday so it's already one day overdue in terms of schedule but i can't give up now... anyone awake and productively doing school work?
nope , just finished homework ... off to do some reading

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
dem hsc feels, wait until trials.

I still remember the adrenaline at 3am, wide awake despite studying eco for 12 hours.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
In these next 1.5 years I will either kill myself or everyone around me :D

Simran-

HSC
Yep, there are others on BoS who go to our school as well (and I know one that has graduated from it)

I did an SOR 1 speech last term and I got 16/20 so Im quite happy with my result. Sorry to hear about your's. Do you plan keep it or drop it in Year 12?
I got 26.5/30 for my essay. Im happy and a bit disappointed. I could have done better. I ranked 3rd in the class, my 2 best friends came 1st and 2nd respectively. There was only one mark difference between us 3. Highest mark was 28.5 then 27.5 and then my mark :)
The person who got 4th rank had 22/30.
I'm happy with how I went but I was aiming for rank 1 in religion, and since there are 2 classes I don't know how the other class went.

Im definitely keeping it. Hbu?
The 2 religions were studying for both prelim and HSC are Hinduism and Buddhism and that's why I chose it. =]

Simran-

HSC
It's worse when you have a parent in the teaching line :/

If you revise regularly u will seen an improvement in your marks, and u will easily rank 1 :)
LOL- even I feel that way sometimes coz the kids around me are so smart despite paying attention in class. But they all study at home+ tutor and revise before exams. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)