Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

nekorina

HSC
Hi I'm deloving and I hate maths it should die I hate it.
That was me in Years 9 and 10, and that would probably still be me if I'd chosen to do maths for the HSC.
though i feel like i've screwed myself over with this decision lol oh god why

Disclosure

HSC
anyone know any good textbooks for physics for self-studying? or resources? my physics teacher sucks... -.-

iEatOysters

HSC
Eco - We're up to the fourth chapter, the one with the saving and consumption functions.
Chem - We're still doing the first topic. :/
MX1 - We're up to inequalities and the limiting sum. (we do two chapters at once) We'll be doing mathematical induction, soon. :D

HSC
Chem: Just started 2nd topic Metals
Physics: Almost at end of Moving about, going to start the world communicates
Maths: Finished algebra, arithmetic, all the graphing stuff, trig, almost at end of perms and combs
Eco: Close to finishing chapter 6
English Ad: Finished area of study, going to start King Lear
Ext: finished culture, text values, middle of nihilism and noir

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Eco - We're up to the fourth chapter, the one with the saving and consumption functions.
Chem - We're still doing the first topic. :/
MX1 - We're up to inequalities and the limiting sum. (we do two chapters at once) We'll be doing mathematical induction, soon. :D
Chem: Just started 2nd topic Metals
Physics: Almost at end of Moving about, going to start the world communicates
Maths: Finished algebra, arithmetic, all the graphing stuff, trig, almost at end of perms and combs
Eco: Close to finishing chapter 6
English Ad: Finished area of study, going to start King Lear
Ext: finished culture, text values, middle of nihilism and noir
wtf? in term 1? unless you're both accelerating? lol

SuchSmallHands

HSC
The whitest girl in the southern hemisphere got full marks for a black power speech (modern, obviously), stoked! :)

iEatOysters

HSC
Our school makes us do sequences and series, as well, which is why we're doing limiting sums, mathematical induction and stuff like that, along with inequalities.

The whitest girl in the southern hemisphere got full marks for a black power speech (modern, obviously), stoked! :)
Congratulations!! :D

deloving

HSC
Contratulations ;)

What topics are you all doing for Modern History? We finished Yankees and the Confederates and last lesson started with the Meiji Restoration. Yay, Japan.

enoilgam

HSC
Contratulations ;)

What topics are you all doing for Modern History? We finished Yankees and the Confederates and last lesson started with the Meiji Restoration. Yay, Japan.
How I wish the Prelim course covered this in more detail.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Contratulations ;)

Thanks :) We've just finished the American Civil Rights Movement and now we've started on Indochina, which will be good background knowledge because we're doing Conflict in Indochina for the HSC

deloving

HSC
What topics are you guys up to in School (year 11) especially for Business Studies, Economics and Chemistry?
For Economics we're half way through topic two or so. I wasn't there for the entire first topic, so I'm kinda behind. Sigh.

deloving

HSC
Thanks :) We've just finished the American Civil Rights Movement and now we've started on Indochina, which will be good background knowledge because we're doing Conflict in Indochina for the HSC
The first one is somewhat related to what I did (although I reckon my one is better ;>). And eww, I'm glad we're not doing Indochina. Oh, and my teachers aren't nice enough to tell us what we're going to be doing next year.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
The first one is somewhat related to what I did (although I reckon my one is better ;>). And eww, I'm glad we're not doing Indochina. Oh, and my teachers aren't nice enough to tell us what we're going to be doing next year.
It was actually a bit annoying because over the course of studying the civil rights movement we ended up covering most of the content for Yankees and Confederates just as context. The preliminary course only covers up to the defeat of the French, so it looks even more boring than next years course. I really wish we doing Russia/Germany. I think its strictly against what the board rather forcefully recommends for us to cover topics pertaining to the same area of study in prelim and HSC, but whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)