Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Lieutenant_21

HSC
Anyone doing Bio, Chem or 3 unit maths? Extension Maths is such a pain...........can't wait to drop it to 2 unit in Yr 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MX1 is significantly more difficult than 2U but scales very well and is very useful in my opinion because there is just so much applied maths in it (depends on what you want to do at uni too) :)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
A bit peeved off now, but the curriculum coordinator told me that I can't change because I've already gone through the process for selecting my subjects (which was in year 10, which basically was just subject selection talks and an interview), she also said that she already denied 15 people and if she let me go through then it wouldn't be fair. I've gone to the point that I'm going to see the principal tomorrow about this. I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to change as long as the subject has enough space and its on the same line.

Argh the frustration :evilfire:
Lol lie to them and say you want to do engineering, which has physics as assumed knowledge (assuming you aren't aiming for engineering, if you are, thats great). and then pretend to change ur preferences l8r but continue physx heheh.

deloving

HSC
Nope, not really aiming for engineering, going for something in the medical field I guess :p
They don't need to know that.

And it is really unfair that some schools allow subject changes while some do not.

Dani Zhang

HSC
They don't need to know that.

And it is really unfair that some schools allow subject changes while some do not.
There are schools that don't allow subject changes? That's crazy! I am dreading biology at the moment. I want to change to something else but the only interesting course that runs at the same time that I'd be interested in is Ancient History which is full :/. Half thinking of doing physics....

Also I'm new here. Hi :)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
There are schools that don't allow subject changes? That's crazy! I am dreading biology at the moment. I want to change to something else but the only interesting course that runs at the same time that I'd be interested in is Ancient History which is full :/. Half thinking of doing physics....

Also I'm new here. Hi :)
Welcome to BOS :).

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I'm pretty sure my eco teacher hate my friend and I hahaha. She has told us off numerous times for talking and had to separate us. Even then she still picks on us to answer questions

She wants our D

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hahaha our teacher bribed me to enter the economics competition in return for lollies lol :p

and we've already finished that! we're halfway through our second topic :) (were kinda fast i guess idk)
woah that's pretty fast, my class is only like up to about Ealdoon's level :\.

Time for this thread to be stimulated again! has anyone gotten any assessments yet? I have one in like 2/3 weeks

Verify

HSC

Time for this thread to be stimulated again! has anyone gotten any assessments yet? I have one in like 2/3 weeks
Yeah got my first one in Modern. have to do this dragon's den sort of presentation on an invention. fml a lot of memorising to do. besides that there have been a lot of reminders that our first major exam block will be the most important of year 11 lol

kat-

msftsrep
HSC

ya it's alright

we get our assessment booklets on Monday but I already have my ancient one and it's killing my braincells. I swear to god if my partner doesn't do anything... but it's like a 10 minute speech or something like that. It's due in week 8 so yeah still a long way to go

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Yeah got my first one in Modern. have to do this dragon's den sort of presentation on an invention. fml a lot of memorising to do. besides that there have been a lot of reminders that our first major exam block will be the most important of year 11 lol
what are you learning in modern

enoilgam

HSC
Try to spend more time understanding the content and the issues in Modern - memorising facts can be quite redundant and a waste of time. Like, in an essay, they arent going to ask you to give a verbatim recount of events, they are probably going to ask you to analyse a certain event or issue.

deloving

HSC
Modern History assessment next week. Topic: Yankees and the Confederates in the American States in the mid-nineteenth century.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
industrial revolution... LOL you?
What the heck is that about?

Inb4industrialrevolution but you know what i mean

And were doing the civil rights movement in USA

So interesting lol

deloving

HSC
I would have loved to have covered the US Civil War in more depth.
Yeah, I'm glad we had this topic chosen for us. It could have been better, but it could also have been much, much worse.

The assessment will consist of 40 minutes essay writing time for one of these questions (nominated at random on the day):
1. Evaluate the causes of the American Civil War.
2. 'The American Civil War occurred due to the concept of slavery.' Discuss.
3. 'The Emancipation Proclamation was only issued in an attempt to win the war'. Discuss this with close reference to the causes of the American Civil War.

Pretty obvious and interesting questions.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
hopefully our next case study isn't boring lol

i just quickly wikipedia'd the industrial revolution and it looks dry and boring haha

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah, I'm glad we had this topic chosen for us. It could have been better, but it could also have been much, much worse.

The assessment will consist of 40 minutes essay writing time for one of these questions (nominated at random on the day):
1. Evaluate the causes of the American Civil War.
2. 'The American Civil War occurred due to the concept of slavery.' Discuss.
3. 'The Emancipation Proclamation was only issued in an attempt to win the war'. Discuss this with close reference to the causes of the American Civil War.

Pretty obvious and interesting questions.
They seem pretty generic, although the last one and to a lesser extent the second one have the potential to be more tricky than they appear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)