Year 10 2024 School applications (1 Viewer)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
(If you meant it towards me) Honestly, I thought about doing it for a while, but after understanding a bit more about the process, it kind of threw me off. Plus, I don't have any passion for learning a language either.
fair enough, quite a few of my friends did it and did it quite good (and they scored well)

idkkdi

HSC
WTF??? how many schools are like this im getting concerned
it's probably after IB conversion. a top 30 school having 10% 99 doesn't seem right (hmm actually rank 20-30 maybe not too sure)
(If you meant it towards me) Honestly, I thought about doing it for a while, but after understanding a bit more about the process, it kind of threw me off. Plus, I don't have any passion for learning a language either.
do the IB
agreed ib even after the adjusted conversion scale still seems kinda busted

Last edited:

stnd08

HSC
it's probably after IB conversion. a top 30 school having 10% 99 doesn't seem right (hmm actually rank 20-30 maybe not too sure)
Nah, our school is only ranked low due to the large disparity in the academic ability of students. The performance of the top students in the grade is comparable to those from top 10 schools (as seen by their results). Anyways, to give hard proof for what I said, there were 180 students in year 12 last year and 18 students scored above 99. I'm sure the rest is obvious.

Your logic aint logicing, how on earth will you rank higher in a higher ranked school if you are not at the top in your current school
I didn't say that.

Last edited:

Sethio

HSC
Nah, our school is only ranked low due to the large disparity in the academic ability of students. The performance of the top students in the grade is comparable to those from top 10 schools (as seen by their results). Anyways, to give hard proof for what I said, there were 180 students in year 12 last year and 18 students scored above 99. I'm sure the rest is obvious.
In all honesty, I see no benefit in your transferring at this point. Some may argue, that transferring can motivate you to perform better, however, conversely it can demotivate you due to the sheer pressure from the competitive academic environment. Frankly, if you are not near the top at your current school, it is rather unlikely you would be near the top at a higher-ranked school.

stnd08

HSC
In all honesty, I see no benefit in your transferring at this point. Some may argue, that transferring can motivate you to perform better, however, conversely it can demotivate you due to the sheer pressure from the competitive academic environment. Frankly, if you are not near the top at your current school, it is rather unlikely you would be near the top at a higher-ranked school.
Nah but in reality I probably rank higher in my cohort. It's just that most of the recent assignments for my humanities subjects have been creative tasks (presentations, posters, etc.) so I find it harder to achieve higher, ultimately bringing down my rank. However, in the subjects that I seek to pursue for my HSC, particularly mathematics and science, I rank within the top 5-10% for my cohort.

Last edited:

Sethio

HSC
Nah but in reality I probably rank higher in my cohort. It's just that most of the recent assignments for my humanities subjects have been creative tasks (presentations, posters, etc.) so I find it harder to achieve higher, ultimately bringing down my rank. However, in the subjects that I seek to pursue for my HSC, particularly mathematics and science, I rank within the top 5-10% for my cohort.
So free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)