XP Professional issue - cant burn data cd's (1 Viewer)

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Hi, I hope you guys can help.

I upgraded to XP Professional last December and since then I am not able to burn data cd's like I used to when I had XP Home. I can burn them using Nero, but when I put a BLANK cd in the drive and go to open it - so i can drag files over and then click on "write these files to cd" it comes up with an message saying the device is inaccessible.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or is there anything anyone knows that can fix it. I've had a look on the net and there doesnt seem to be any information that could help me.

I hope u guys can help - its starting to bug me - coz thats how i burnt data cds - it was so easy - better than going through Nero like I have to do now

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
hey elissa, im currently having a similar problem... i've been slowly burning some of my files to data discs to clear up some space, and then all of a sudden it tells me i cant, that there was a problem...
im also running XP Pro, but I'm using Sonic RecordNow to burn my CDs, i doubt that the two occurences are connected, but its what I came onto BOS tonight to find out...
i know this reply hasnt been much help to you, but I just thought id try and sympathise...
can anyone help us?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking maybe you have DLA problems?- right click your drive, go into properties and check the DLA status. *shrugs* I tend to avoid using the Windows XP burner because it requires a temporary storage area on your hard drive everytime it burns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)