WW1 Study Game (1 Viewer)

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
I guess Ill restart this one

"Over the Top" Frontal Assault - men swarm on to the field in ranks and files. walk across and, well basically get mowed down

"Infiltration tactics" Small teams equiped with submachine guns (late in the war) Would infiltrate enemy lines and cause as much havock as they could

Monash's Suprise attack
Take out the prep bombardment, launch a creeping barrage and send men into the field behind the wall of shelling.

Question - Which nation needs to take most responsibility for starting WWI and why

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
This is not really a knowledge question, but an opinion one.

I must admit that all your answers are impressive! *applauds and whistles follow*

I believe Austria-Hungary was at fault for the cause of WW1 because they mainly started it. They had an interest in the Balkans.. no doubt the other countries had an interest in it as well, however it was Austria-Hungary's move that did it in. Austria-Hungary's interest in the Balkans was followed by the death of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand (I say, don't you know, you say, you don't know.. ok I'll stop now..) Rather than mourning his cousin's (I think) death, the king guy decided to take it upon himself for it to be an excuse for Germany to declare war on Serbia.
First he asked Germany (her ally) for her support, to which the Kaiser responded with the blank cheque. As soon as that was issued, Austria immediately sent Serbia and ultimatum they knew they couldn't refuse, giving them an unfair 2 days to reply. Naturally, the Serbian freaks refused, and war was declared just as how Austria had wanted it.

This is where Germany gets blamed for her role- issuing the blank cheque, however I still believe that it's Austria-Hungary's fault for declaring war on Serbia for her own stupid selfish reasons. She is also blamed for starting the arms race- I believe if Britain weren't so childish she would have not been bothered by remaining the most powerful nation in Europe. Honestly, Germany was an entirely new country seeking to expand and strengthen itself.

It's all Austria-Hungary's fault!! And Germany only allied with Austria-Hungary because it was scared of the stupid Entente alliance. Idiotic idiots.. The Moroccan Crisis is also dismissed as Germany felt they had to test Britain to see how far she would go when threatened.

Germany didn't even use the dreadnoughts that they had built prior to WW1. They just introduced the U Boat Campaign and that was it!!

Okay.. getting a little carried away now.. *breathe in, breathe out* Well, now do you regret asking that question? lol.

------

Discuss the impact of the war upon the home fronts of Germany. E.g. Food, tax, industry, etc.

shayla

HSC
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I apologise if this is so short[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Discuss the impact of the war upon the home fronts of Germany. E.g. Food, tax, industry, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The impact of the war on the German Home Front had different impacts on different areas. The food shortages were very severe, the regulation and control of domestic labour, industry and agriculture more extensive. Food and fuel rationing eventually led to a breakdown of the economy, strikes and revolution.[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)