Writing notes by hand or using computer to type? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Some people claim that if you type you can't remember things because you are not concentrating as much as if you were writing.
In this case, more often than none, the person would be distracted because they have MSN, Facebook or other trivial things on when writing notes. I prefer typing notes because my writing is messy, very straining on my hands and it is faster to type. Regardless, it doesn't matter if you hand write or type, as long as the notes are solid - you'll do well.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Depends, if i have ages before an exam i type em up. If it's 2-3 days before (as is usually the case) i just write em down. If it's the night before/morning of the exam why bother with either haha.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I've gone back and forth with typing and writing notes. I think it's a personal thing, but from my experience handwriting is a lot more worthwhile. I tend to remember things a lot more than if I were to type them.

Zeroes

HSC
I much prefer hand. I personally find I take things in more and it's easier to draw diagrams, write wherever you want easily etc.

kwu1

HSC
Second thought. I think I will handwrite the rest of my eco notes. I keep getting distracted by my email (I can log out but I keep thinking about whether someone has emailed me).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Definitely handwrite your notes. You think about what you write and you're more likely to remember it.
Yeah, and if you stuff up you're going to have this scribble that's going to distract you. /personal experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)