Writing Books ? (1 Viewer)

Sdesphy

HSC
Hey I just finished setting up my timetable and I was wondering; since I have around 2-4 different classes for each unit, would I need separate notebooks for each of them? I know some might say using a laptop is better but I prefer writing it out.

Any suggestions?

Thomas_Tank

HSC
I was curious about this too. But I'm getting a book for each unit to write notes and see how that goes.

Sdesphy

HSC
But wouldn't the content covered in lets say my lectures be different from the ones in my tutes?

Thomas_Tank

HSC
I'm a newbie as well but I'm assuming Tutorials follow the lectures.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes tuts dont follow the lecture. You may do a tut of next weeks lecture content.

I had a single book for each subject: I wrote my lecture notes/summaries in the front. And I did tut crap in the back. You'll generally just get tested for lecture content. I obviously had a practical manual for different labs.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm similar to OmmU.

I just had one book for lectures and tutes unless I needed another. For example, when I did accounting information for managers we had tutorial homework that got checked off, so I kept a separate book because it took up a lot of space each week.

And yes, sometimes tutorials may cover what will be happening in next weeks lecture, in others, you won't do any writing at all! In Management Dynamics we did presentations in each lecture so we rarely covered anything but these. Maybe only the first two or 3 weeks involved 'in-class work'

An alternative could be to just use loose leaf paper and sort it into folders when you get home :)

Sdesphy

HSC
Aww okay then. I was curious because for one unit I'll have tutes, workshops, classes, practicals and lectures :/

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Aww okay then. I was curious because for one unit I'll have tutes, workshops, classes, practicals and lectures :/
You should get one of those books with the 5 divider tabs then :lol:
That might solve your problem if you've got that many for one subject!

Sdesphy

HSC
haha I had a look at those today; I figured I'd just get a 400 page lecture book first. Then depending on how everything works out I'd go and buy separate books :)

Thanks everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)