• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Would you have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

Would you have an abortion?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.8%

• Total voters

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
grk_styl said:
Think about it.
If you are 16 and you fall pregnant, what sort of life would you child lead? 16 year olds don't know much about life full stop let alone how to raise a child. I'm saving the un-born embryo from being born into a life that probably won't be the best. If that child is raised in a broken home, or is a result of rape, I believe I'm saving the child from having a crap life. Even if I fall pregnant now at 19, by aborting I'll be saving myself and the embryo. I need to finish my degree, settle down and earn money before I have a child. Like someone else said, babies are very expensive! Money doesn't grow on trees.

In my opinion if you abort before the 12 week period then you're not committing a murder. The embryo at 6 weeks is the size of a sesame seed. I can't see that as a human life.

But, my friend, before you pass judgement, it's my opinion and thus it's not flawed.

Don't roll ur eyes too much. They'll fall back into ur head :)
Put the child up for adoption, it's an option that is better than killing.

davin

HSC
N/A
question is also...why do something you're not ready for the possible aftermath of?

frezzel

HSC
Ahh how funny...the sponsored ads i have for this page are to do with pregnancy.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
hey, most people here know me or know me through here. they would then know that i had an abortion a little over a year ago.
i fell pregnant at the end of october '04 - during my HSC. I went to every exam vomitting and feeling like shit, I did ok in my exams but I could have done better if i wasnt so sick. i was pregnant with my boyfriends baby (we have now been together for 2 years). from the start he was supposrtive, he would support my decision, and i told him i couldnt do it, i wanted an abortion, and he told me he wanted the same. id thought about it, and there was no way i could keep it, id never had a job, my boyfriend was doing 1st year apprenticship wages, we couldnt afford it and the child would have such a hard start to life if we couldnt even afford nappies for it. i want kids so bad. i love babies and cant wait to start a family but itsnt right to raise a kid where they have no chances in life.
i fell pregnant by accident, we were using protection, we were just the 0.01% that is unlucky. really unlucky since i had a falloppian tube removed wheni was younger and the doctors told me it would be hard for me to conceive.
i dont regret it, the way things were back then, i wasnt pregnant with a child, i was just pregnant. it sounds harsh, but thats how i felt.

if you havent been pregnant, you wouldnt know what runs through your head. before i was pregnant i would never have dreamed of having an abortion, im pro-choice but i didnt think i could ever do it. but when i was in the situation everything changes, im not saying you all have no idea what im talking about, im just saying that you dont know what its like so you cant make a proper decision about it. BUt you should have your opinions, it can help in the long run, it helped me realise that i have no idea about anything until i have been there and experienced it. i cant say id hate sky diving, because i havnt done it. it has helped me keep an open mind and has showed me quickly how mature i was about it. mat and i had been together only 6 months and im not sure how our relationship would even have handled it. but we handled what happened well, we love each other and planning on marriage and what happened to us is just another thing that has made our relationship so strong.

davin

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
referring to what?
generally speaking, having sex if not ready to deal with the potential of getting pregnant.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Bah, that's exactly what I've been saying. People are both too stupid and too selfish to consider the ramifications of their actions.

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
hey, most people here know me or know me through here. they would then know that i had an abortion a little over a year ago.
i fell pregnant at the end of october '04 - during my HSC. I went to every exam vomitting and feeling like shit, I did ok in my exams but I could have done better if i wasnt so sick. i was pregnant with my boyfriends baby (we have now been together for 2 years). from the start he was supposrtive, he would support my decision, and i told him i couldnt do it, i wanted an abortion, and he told me he wanted the same. id thought about it, and there was no way i could keep it, id never had a job, my boyfriend was doing 1st year apprenticship wages, we couldnt afford it and the child would have such a hard start to life if we couldnt even afford nappies for it. i want kids so bad. i love babies and cant wait to start a family but itsnt right to raise a kid where they have no chances in life.
i fell pregnant by accident, we were using protection, we were just the 0.01% that is unlucky. really unlucky since i had a falloppian tube removed wheni was younger and the doctors told me it would be hard for me to conceive.
i dont regret it, the way things were back then, i wasnt pregnant with a child, i was just pregnant. it sounds harsh, but thats how i felt.

if you havent been pregnant, you wouldnt know what runs through your head. before i was pregnant i would never have dreamed of having an abortion, im pro-choice but i didnt think i could ever do it. but when i was in the situation everything changes, im not saying you all have no idea what im talking about, im just saying that you dont know what its like so you cant make a proper decision about it. BUt you should have your opinions, it can help in the long run, it helped me realise that i have no idea about anything until i have been there and experienced it. i cant say id hate sky diving, because i havnt done it. it has helped me keep an open mind and has showed me quickly how mature i was about it. mat and i had been together only 6 months and im not sure how our relationship would even have handled it. but we handled what happened well, we love each other and planning on marriage and what happened to us is just another thing that has made our relationship so strong.
It goes both ways... I saw on the news (it was just one example), that some women that go through with the abortion fall into really bad depression because of it. I think it was like 4-corners or something... I forget! Argh...

Danoz The Great

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:

I remember this. I didn't participate in the thread but I do remember flicking through it.

I'm glad your bf was so supportive of your choice!

It does sound like you made the 'right' decision in your predicament. You obviously thought about it a lot. :)

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
I think that most of phanatical's comment is highly accurate. However I don't believe that it is fair to deny a struggling couple the opportunity to get an abortion if they clearly know that they are not capable of raising a child.

*Minka*

HSC
So if someone wants to have one kid, should they only have sex like, 5 times in their life to conceive that child? I think not.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
When at that stage of your life you can more readily deal with having children, so no.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm not saying deny people an abortion. What I am saying is that the people should be made to realise BEFORE they conceive the child in the first place, that sex is not just fun, but also the method in which human life is created. Like many other dangerous activities that we take for granted, we MUST take responsibility for our actions, whether intended or not.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Joni Next Door said:
It goes both ways... I saw on the news (it was just one example), that some women that go through with the abortion fall into really bad depression because of it. I think it was like 4-corners or something... I forget! Argh...
And I'm sure many people have kids then go into deep depression.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i think, like most things, this is really subjective. like right now, if i was pregnant, i would get an abortion. but if i was older, married, finished uni and worked for a few years and found out that i was pregnant, i wouldn't.
like waf says, people have kids and get depression. and think having a kid running around when you're a teen/early twenty-something- i got enough of a headache spening 5 weeks with my 5 and 10 year old cousins running around me all the time. and when you have a kid you can't just give them away. well i guess you can but its not like you can go out pubbing friday night and leave the kids at home with a lean cuisine meal and a packet of popcorn.
but then again, i can see how you'd get depressed post-abortion, and yeah it happens. i guess people can get really depressed about the fact that they will never know what their child was like.. i think that kinda thing mostly happens when girls arent 100% sure that they want an abortion and they get one anyway. thats why you have counselling before and after an abortion.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my sister is 22 has been married for nearly 2 years
is half way through uni and has a really good steady job
and just found out she is pregnant

someone i know suggested she has an abortion..because she hasnt finished uni..
i was like screw uni for fucks sake....its not the end of the world...its not like shes 16 and cant finish her year 10 certificate...

neways i thought that was a bit rediculous...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
YBK said:
Put the child up for adoption, it's an option that is better than killing.
Carrying a baby for 9 months isn't exactly the most easiest thing to do. I guess you won't ever know just how hard it is, given you're male.

davin said:
question is also...why do something you're not ready for the possible aftermath of?
that is what i tell everyone. and i've said it before in an abortion debate somewhere around here. This sums up the whole argument.

I use to hear 15-16 year olds at school when I was in year 12, discussing that if they fell pregnant they would keep the baby coz, "omg how cute would a baby be! and omg i love my boyfriend like SO much! we've been together for like 3 months! omg! like i would LOVE to have his baby".

When u hear shit like that you're glad abortion exists.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
grk_styl said:
Carrying a baby for 9 months isn't exactly the most easiest thing to do. I guess you won't ever know just how hard it is, given you're male.
I think this is where your argument falls even more. Regardless if I was a male or female, your body is MADE to reproduce. So instead of suffering some pain, you kill a kid; nice work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)