Would a mark of <30 in Advanced English completely affect my ATAR? (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
I know that I'm gonna get <30 for Advanced English, but I usually get around 70 for Chemistry, Biology, and Italian continuers and 90 for 2U maths and <50 for 3U maths.

I'm predicting that my ATAR would be around the 70s but would the low mark from english completely drag it down to 40s?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Isn't in the 40s abit too much? If he mentioned his "raw marks" then I'm sure at least 65+ is possible?

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
How in the world did you manage <30, I think you won't get that low seeing you did well in a bunch of other subjects. Did you get 0s or something

atargainz

HSC
unfortunately yes, also how did you manage to get <30 lol

MysteryMoon

HSC
unfortunately yes, also how did you manage to get <30 lol
I'm only predicting that I'm getting <30s for English because I wasn't able to memorise my essays in time, I regret it a lot.

So liek there'll be no point in doing well in my other subjects. I'm screwed. :/

teridax

HSC
N/A
I'm only predicting that I'm getting <30s for English because I wasn't able to memorise my essays in time, I regret it a lot.

So liek there'll be no point in doing well in my other subjects. I'm screwed. :/
Just because one doesn't memorise essays doesn't mean they are immediately in the <30 range for English lol; it comes down answering the question, regardless of whether you prepared essays or not. And I know it seems hard, but please don't be self-defeating just because of how you think you performed in paper 1 and 2, it doesn't mean you are 'screwed'. You might even surprise yourself in a positive way with how your English results pan out in December - don't write yourself off mate. Have a positive mindset, annihilate the remaining exams, and you'll eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)