• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

worry? (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
I usually have little pains in my chest a couple of times a week, but the dr said this may be stress/anxiety. However, he has put me on a trial of Yasmin and since I started taking it I've been getting chest pains (worse than before) a couple of times a day. I'm not sure whether to worry or not, I don't want to go see him and have him say "Well, I told you it was anxiety" and me look like an idiot :( so should I be worried? I'm a bit apprehensive when it comes to doctors...

stillwaters

HSC
im not a dr but if your chest pains are worse than before than you should head back to the doctor. nah doctors make me apprehensive too- i think some of them must undertake a class or something to help them learn how to make their patients feel like noobs :p they're there to help though. defintely go- if the chest pains are more frequent that doesnt sound too good...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Just go to the doctor in case. Just be honest and tell the doctor that you are worried and they are worse and he/she will probably run a few tests just in case. I'm sure they wont make you feel like a fool. Esp because he/she said it MAY be anxiety.

I get chest pains occasionally in winter which is related to asthma. Its probably nothing serious but best to check it out esp if the pill is messing with your body, you can change to another etc..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melsc said:
I think she means the Yasmin wasn't prescribed for the chest pain/anxiety but she feels after it was prescribed it was worse.
not an expected effect i would admit..

should go back ... and insure tat nothing in ure life has changed too.. cos chest pain is not a common one.. for yasmin

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I suppose its hard to know exactly what is causing what sometimes.

I went to the doctor because I was having headaches/migraines a few times a week + weightloss. Doctor said it was probably stress, then got a test for Hypothyroidism due to family history, it came back postive and the doctor said headaches could be related to that. Didn't get treated for it and went on the pill for unrelated reasons. The headaches now only seem to happen around my period/withdrawal bleed. I don't know now if the pill has helped my headaches or the fact that my thyroid function is a fair bit better (still not medicated for it though). Meh as long as I am not having migraines a few times a week I am happy.

I am apparently a frustrated doctor though, I always want more information than the average person lol.

rozymisty

HSC
Just go back to the doctor and explain your situation and that you are a person who wants to know more detail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)