worried.... (1 Viewer)

chels777

HSC
hey guys i have been attempting to do 6 hours of study a day but i seem to only ever reach 4-5 and that comprises of practise papers i finished my notes before trials and have been constantly revising them throughout the whole year im worried im slacking off in the part of the year which is the most important is this amount of study enough to achieve over 90 ATAR

SpreadTheWord

HSC
hey guys i have been attempting to do 6 hours of study a day but i seem to only ever reach 4-5 and that comprises of practise papers i finished my notes before trials and have been constantly revising them throughout the whole year im worried im slacking off in the part of the year which is the most important is this amount of study enough to achieve over 90 ATAR
4-5 is plenty mate. And as you have stated you have been thoroughly revising throughout the year, so you'll be highly prepared.

chels777

HSC
ok cool thanks its just so hard to know how much we are supposed to be doing i cant wait until its over

jessxxr

HSC
no what you're doing now is perfect as you don't need to waste time finishing your notes, so you're doing pure study just revising and practicing

Last edited:

imZerroo

HSC
im aiming for mid 90's and i do half of what you do. makes me wonder if i'm up myself :( sighhh

SpreadTheWord

HSC
haha sorry it was just you quoted one of my things, when replying to OP. It's all good, i just realised, my bad.

chels777

HSC
im aiming for mid 90's and i do half of what you do. makes me wonder if i'm up myself :( sighhh
dont worry ur not up urself some people are just naturally smarter/ better at answering questions than others for example a guy in my grade dosnt do all that much and still tops everything last year the dux didnt do anything the whole year its annoying but its life there will always be people that no matter how much work you do will beat you unless you literally the best at something i guess so yeh when it comes down to it you know your own abilites and you know how much you need to do to achieve what you want to achieve whether its half an hour or eight hours

jamesfirst

HSC
I try to do 8 but always end up with 6-7 hrs (because the final hour, I just cbf).

In my opinion, 4-5hrs is a good time considering that you are full focused in that period.

It's good that you've finished your notes early, I know many people in my school who still haven't made notes on Space (our first topic for physics)...

Keep smashing past papers until you know the whole syllabus off by heart.

HKK

HSC
You'll be surprised at how much you already know. Just revise, revise, revise! :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
6 hours of study a day? You are so going to burn out.

Seriously. Don't do so much, just do enough so that you know the content. No need to go overboard.

jamesfirst

HSC
6 hours of study a day? You are so going to burn out.

Seriously. Don't do so much, just do enough so that you know the content. No need to go overboard.
I do 7-8 hrs and play games on my free time.

Surprisingly, I want to study that much. hahaha

x3Reii

HSC
I get 4-6 hours but thats only because I go to the library. I can't study at home. Too much distractions. But I don't think I'm doing enough for some reason :|

chels777

HSC
thanks guys im sure everyone has different ways of studying and everyone studies for different amounts of time dependent on what they want to achieve im sure there are people out there that hardly study and will still achieve higher than me but ive decided just gonna try my best and see what happens im just looking forward to when that final "pens down" gets said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)