Worried: HSC-Atar- Medicine (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys;

I really don't know how to improve in English Advanced; any tips for Essay ( I need help urgently; I have 45% Assessments left)

I really want to study medicine; The ranks I got in half yearlies; I as not happy with,

English Advanced: 40/50
Chem: 7/16
Biology: 14/45
Maths 2u: 6/15
Maths Ext 1: 5/7
Sor 1U: 20/46

Do I still have a hope to get 95+ Atar; if I completely kill, smash both the trails and HSC. Has anyone ever been in my situation before:

How can I really study for each of my subjects and get a band 6.

Thanks for any help; I really want a detailed answer

Ricktatorship

HSC
It all depends on your school ranking, what is it approximately?
Also, for med, do you care where you study it? Because Univeristy of south Australia has a atar requirement of only 90- look into it.

kwu1

HSC
Hey Guys;

I really don't know how to improve in English Advanced; any tips for Essay ( I need help urgently; I have 45% Assessments left)

I really want to study medicine; The ranks I got in half yearlies; I as not happy with,

Do I still have a hope to get 95+ Atar; if I completely kill, smash both the trails and HSC. Has anyone ever been in my situation before:

I did my HSC last year and I started off 2012 ranked 131st in my grade for Advanced English with about 50% of assessments remaining. I was in a similar situation and just worked hard to improve my essays by getting feedback for my work. I ended up 10th in my grade. My advice is to:

i) re-read your texts and bookmark key scenes (e.g. for plays) or chapters for novels and analyse the key techniques in these sections. For films, pick out the major scenes and analyse. If you can link your understanding to overarching themes whilst also answer the question, that is where you going to get the marks.
ii) make sure in exams you read the question several times before attempting the question.
iii) if you have issues with structuring a response, you may want to consider doing scaffolds (structures for possible questions) and maybe even memorising it.
iv) never give up, if you don't make it now you will still be able to get to where you want.

Best of luck :)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hey Guys;

Consider interstate medicine unless you plan on getting 98.5 + for UNSW, 99.95 for USYD or 95 for UWS.

In my cohort about 17 kids wanted to do medicine. Only 3 got in (myself included) and I was the only fucking one to travel interstate. The others are now stuck doing shitty medical science @ UNSW and worried about the GAMSAT and other crappy requirements, whereas I am quite enjoying myself :)

P.s. You didn't give a school rank.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Guys,

I don't give a shit, am ready to put in the hard yards and get into medicine even if it has to be Uws ( 93.95), my school rank is 200+, do you thing with my current ranks I could get 95+ Atar, I will probably do well in Umat but the atar worries me.

What do I exactly have to do, to improve my essay expression- this is my only problem which brings my marks down. I am so depressed right now, think I may burn what and not get into medicine.

Please if anyone is willing to urgently help me out and refine and re-word my essays to a band 6 standards and help me ace the next assignments PM.

Please English is not my first Language, think if you were in my situition, would you be worried that your marks are dropping. Please help anyone

I have 45% left for English advanced to be assessed on!

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I seriously have to kill the next exams and get full marks on my Julius Ceasar Assignment!

If Any one is willing to help me, please respond quickly, it is worth 15% and then I only have trails left 30%. I am pulling my socks up and working 24/7 on english.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Guys,

I don't give a shit, am ready to put in the hard yards and get into medicine even if it has to be Uws ( 93.95), my school rank is 200+, do you thing with my current ranks I could get 95+ Atar, I will probably do well in Umat but the atar worries me.

What do I exactly have to do, to improve my essay expression- this is my only problem which brings my marks down. I am so depressed right now, think I may burn what and not get into medicine.

Please if anyone is willing to urgently help me out and refine and re-word my essays to a band 6 standards and help me ace the next assignments PM.

Please English is not my first Language, think if you were in my situition, would you be worried that your marks are dropping. Please help anyone

I have 45% left for English advanced to be assessed on!
Send me everything I'll make sure I mark it all.
Also if you're depressed thats awesome it's the best motivation to study it really helped me throughout the HSC.
You can definitely get 95+. I honestly think 95.05 is the best estimate though don't give up on your dreams baby gurl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)