Worried About English???? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am very worried about which English course to take for Yr 12. Atm i take advanced but have gotten 15/20 and 7/15 in the last assessment tasks. I dont know whether to go to standard or keep advanced! I need advanced for uni and havent had a problem with English before (was even considered Ext1 in yr10) but i am worried that i will fail it considering my marks this yrundefined :eek: . Any opinions will be helpful expecially those who have expericned the same thing! :eek:

astro

HSC
7/15 and 15/20 are all that bad....i mean they could do with improvisation but i reckon you'll be fine staying in advanced

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
astro said:
7/15 and 15/20 are all that bad....i mean they could do with improvisation but i reckon you'll be fine staying in advanced
what she said.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well, firstly i think you should ask your teacher.
secondly, i think you should ask yourself what made you get 7/15. (15/20 isn't fantabulous, but i've seen worse). be honest, did you work hard enough? was something wrong on the day? (family probs etc). did you study at all? because if you're studying your ass off and getting a 7/15, then maybe you should go down to standard. but yeah, definitely ask your teacher.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yea. I got 45/60 in rank for Advanced English, this year. I'm doing well in class, but when it comes to assessments, I screw up, with marks from 45% to 70%, compared to the 80 % and 90%'s I'm used to from English. I'm dumping extension English next year.

We'll see. I suspect year 12 will be different.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
mate the only reason i did well in 2 assesments because 1 was oral an i have done debating n public speakin 4 5year and i can write a 20 minute speach on anything off the top of my head, and the other was a appropriation which was prepared. our exam i recived 12/20 whic is my worst mark this year. but if u are genrally good at english i say it cos ur not trying hard, get a tutor n stay in advanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)