World War 3? (1 Viewer)

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
I dont see this happen.

The Muslim V Christain thing has been played around so much.

Its flawed because alot of Muslims in Muslim majority countries are moderates, much like Christians in Australia or England. Same as in the people in power in these countries, like Indonesia. Or countreis Like Saudi Arabia while some laws are based on religion, their Economic ties allign their commitment to the US.

There are many other reason why there isn't going to be any big war over religion.
I don't believe it will be started by Muslims Vs Christians, but Judism Vs Muslim is a different matter.

How about in Jerusalem if some jewish extremists blow up that al-asqua mosque on the dome, in order to rebuild their holy temple mount. That would be WW3 for sure as all Muslim nations will attack Israel (even currently pro US ones) and America will step in to defend Israel by fighting all the Muslim countries at once.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
does anyone have enough ICBMs to take out america and all it's supporting countries?
Iraq does. We just havnt found 'em yet. However, we are hopeful.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
supercharged said:
I don't believe it will be started by Muslims Vs Christians, but Judism Vs Muslim is a different matter.

How about in Jerusalem if some jewish extremists blow up that al-asqua mosque on the dome, in order to rebuild their holy temple mount. That would be WW3 for sure as all Muslim nations will attack Israel (even currently pro US ones) and America will step in to defend Israel by fighting all the Muslim countries at once.
Even if that happens, I doubt it would be a "government sanctioned" bombing. Thus, muslim nations would probably go as far as condemning the situation and rebuilding the mosque. They would have no reason to bomb Israel. But then again, we are just speculating.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
What they just said has alot of truth to it.

3 large religions are all fighting over the same area in Jereusalem.

It is the christian belief that satan has modified one of these religions (not naming which one!) so that conflict will arise between people who would otherwise be normally peacefull.
Since Islam was founded some 500 years after Christianity, by inspection, it must be Judaism you speak of. :p

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
The Un won't let a ww3 happen.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
2sense said:
The UN is a toothless tiger. If Russia/US or China/US decided they wanted to start a third world war there isn't shit the UN could do to stop it.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
2sense said:
:) Funny you should say that ~~ I was just reading on the topic of UN and most would agree that UN is useless ~~ since the UN started theres been 450+ wars and about 10 has been sanctioned by the UN

Theres a few good forum "abovetopscreates" for instance that go in depth with possible wars with some real good research done by posters if ur clever enough to look over the bias of some posters

Thories like wars between screate socities and the depleations of "peak" oil leading to world wars are also very interesting

BTW ur kidding yourselfs if you think theres no chance of WWIII ~~ in our life time probably not but there will probably be one when all non renewable resources are close to depletion and the sea level rises 5 odd metres causeing people to panic (I would recommand buying a waterfront house if your not going to sell it in the next 50 yrs)

One common misconception that many people who thinks theres not going to be WWIII is that people of great power think logically and rationally ~~ :rolleyes: unforunately for us they dont

Chances major war any time soon are very slight but it is very fun to read about

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There's some part of me that wants to see a third world war because it would be interesting to see history made in my lifetime. Does that make me a bad person?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Does pulling the wings and legs off flys sequentially just to see what happens make someone a bad person?

More seriously history is being made in your lifetime. Examples are too cliched to bother listing but you get the picture.

Suga_baibe

HSC
If anyone has studied the Cold War, they would realise that the posibility for a full scale world war is very slim. This is due to the advancement of 'weapons of mass destructure'. By the 1960s, America alone had over 1700 nuclear bombs, Russia, closely followed. All the majoy countries in the modern world have ready made nuclear weapons, or the facilities for produce nuclear weapons.
The reason that WWIII cannot happen, is that no countries in the developed world is stupid enough to attack one another. That is why America is attacking Iraq, and wouldnt dare touch countries like China, or Russia. America knows, with todays nuclear capability, if it was to attack, it will get itself completely destroyed.
We also have the hydrogen bomb, which is 1000x more powerful than the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. It doesnt take that many hydrogen & nuclear bombs to destroy the whole of humanity.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Most interesting strategic book I've read from the cold war was ''The Four Horsemen" which explored the possibility of the emergence of a new world power, an allied china and japan. Nuclear war is avoided however there is a border confrontation between China and Russia. The allies also interfere in american and russian hegemony in Africa and Sth America.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
the cause will be lack of chocolate

women will go crazy, therefore making men crazy, then battle of the sexes, and we shall try and kill one another, but we cant really because we need the opposing gender to reproduce (i mean, to have normal sex)

it will be the war to end all wars. Maybe the human race too

*note sarcasm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)