World War 3? (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Boring...
It's not going to happen. It is my belief that it's an unspoken rule that no country would ever seriously use them today. All the right opportunities have been there - Cuba, India-Pakistan, Israel-midd-east bla bla bla. It will only happen out of an accident.
Pay attention. History ended during the last few decades.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
I reckon World War 3 would start once George W Bush finally gets pissed off enough at the United Nations politcal system (he hates it anyway) and upon advice from his super neo cons, declares the UN to be part of the "axis of evil" and UN multilateralism to be an impedment "to American style democracy" and hence wages war against the UN in the name of "freedom" :chainsaw: USA Vs UN (World) Bring it on!

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
I agree with Iron Women, there is not going to be any WW3. Since the growth of the global economy there are no longer nation states like in the time of WW1 and WW2. Nations are highly dependent on each other.

My theory is that the will be the constant imperialist conflict between third world and first world. Such as events like the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, or for the vcitory of the oppressed nations such as Veitnam, Cuba. If Venezeula stays on track to influence more South American nations to create a trading bloc between third world nations arond the world, that block out the 1st world countries.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Noone's going to be stupid enough to attempt to forcibly disarm North Korea.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It is idiocy because no one would attack NK. It is politically unacceptable to use Nuclear weapons, or to encourage their use against yourself. Also for political reasons countries avoid being the aggressor. Basically it is unlikley that a nuclear power would attack another nuclear power because of the risk of nuclear weapons being used.

World War III is now a very unlikely occurence (Though I recommend a german film World War III dealing with a cold-war scenario). Warfare is now typified by regional violence and internal strife, likley to occur around several strategic triggers;

The choke points, that is important access routes like the malacca straits, cape of good hope, suez canal, dardenelles, the pass between india and china, panama canal, etc
Crucial resources specifically water eg euphrates, nile, ganges
Inherantly unstable/disputed areas eg yugoslavia, central africa, middle east, kashmir, Korean peninsula, etc

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Oh and the synopsis of that book makes it sound like bad tom clancy based on even more deluded xenophobic, nationalistic conspiracy theories.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
withoutaface said:
Noone's going to be stupid enough to attempt to forcibly disarm North Korea.
I would say that too but there are a lot of really stupid people around.

HSC
I could see a world war escalating out of a religious war or debate, possibly between Muslims and Christians or an ongoing conflict in the Middle East somehow attracing the attention of other nations who become involved etc

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
I reckon World War 3 would start once George W Bush finally gets pissed off enough at the United Nations politcal system (he hates it anyway) and upon advice from his super neo cons, declares the UN to be part of the "axis of evil" and UN multilateralism to be an impedment "to American style democracy" and hence wages war against the UN in the name of "freedom" :chainsaw: USA Vs UN (World) Bring it on!
"Launch the nukulear weapons upon the UN headquarters" :p

funniboi

HSC
USA vs UN ... ? where does Australia fit in ?

but yeah, at first I thought the China vs Taiwan would cause sparks to start a world war when the americans declared to help taiwan if china were to invade it, but nothing ever happened anyway.

if a world war 3 was to happen, do you think it would be fought like the other wars, with men shooting men, or do you think it'd all be about pushing buttons and watching mushroom clouds?

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
i say we bomb the insignificant countries that we never hear of, just to get a reaction out of them.. they include surinam, central african republic, aruba, andorra... you catch my drift

only kidding... i dont believe in the bombings of innocent people.....

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
William_Lawry said:
i say we bomb the insignificant countries that we never hear of, just to get a reaction out of them.. they include surinam, central african republic, aruba, andorra... you catch my drift
"Osstralia"

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
i am going to complain about your conduct as a moderator, you should not be encouraging the bombing of anything.. i beleive you should scrap that remark before i take further action....

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
" While the US Department of State is blocking reform plans suggested by Germany and its followers, the US Congress is developing a law, according to which the USA will have a right to impose sanctions against the UN for its unwillingness to reform itself. It is worth mentioning in this respect that sanctions are rather serious. The USA may halve its fees to the UN's budget. The United States is one of the largest financial donors of the organization. If the law is passed, the UN will be deprived of more than 200 million dollars annually. "
Looks like the first stage of the World War 3 (George W Bush Vs UN) is already beginning :eek:

Comrade nathan

HSC
Trippendicular said:
I could see a world war escalating out of a religious war or debate, possibly between Muslims and Christians or an ongoing conflict in the Middle East somehow attracing the attention of other nations who become involved etc
I dont see this happen.

The Muslim V Christain thing has been played around so much.

Its flawed because alot of Muslims in Muslim majority countries are moderates, much like Christians in Australia or England. Same as in the people in power in these countries, like Indonesia. Or countreis Like Saudi Arabia while some laws are based on religion, their Economic ties allign their commitment to the US.

There are many other reason why there isn't going to be any big war over religion.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There's gonna be a massive war when the proletarians rise up and brutally murder their bourgeoisie masters so we can all live in peace with rainbows everywhere. That's what the trots at uni told me anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)