Workload of Yr10 vs Yr11 Vs Yr12 vs Uni? (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
Year ten was really easy. You could nearly do nothing to do well.
In contrast, year 11 jumps up. I would have done probably 3-4 hours a night depending on the day.
And so far in year 12, i haven't stopped. I did work for the whole of the chrismas holidays, which wasnt fun, and now, I do schoolwork from the time i get home from school - 3:30ish - till when I go to bed, anywhere between 11:00 to 12:00. But, I am doing cosmology, which is alot of work - i am constantly behind.
I can't really say anything about uni apart from what i know from cosmology, so it wouldn't be as bad as year 12.

spence

HSC
Recently, my teachers have been scaring me on the amount of work we are supposed to do at home. It seems we are expected to revise every night (which I can assume only a handful of us may actually do). So I just want to know how the workload will compare to coming years.

I've read here that Uni freshmanz are finding the work stressful, yet my teachers say that uni shouldn't require as much work as Year 12 (studying 3-4 subjects in Uni compared to 5-6 in Year 12.) Can anyone provide a definite answer?
I'm guessing it's been a while since your teachers were at uni

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
year 10 was the biggest bludge. i studied the night before my exam and did my assignments a night or 2 before it was due.

year 11 - i managed to do fairly well and keep up. i topped 3 subjects

year 12 - i'm barely keeping up with some subjects. i need to improve my time management

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
that scares me =[
Nah, its not so bad. Ive only been there a month so i can't give the greatest advice, but im finding i don't mind doing so much work cuz im really into what im studying, and as a result im handling the workload much better than what i did in the HSC.

In year 12, that much study for say, legal studies (which i didn't give a shit about and found very boring) would have freaked me out, but now, even though im doing nearly twice that much study, its better, cuz i really like my units.

mr.tos

HSC
year 12
(normal week) - 4 hours a day
(exam time) 5-6 hours a day, plus full weekends (8am-9:30pm)
Bos recommends a total of 20 hours for yr 12s.
Do you ever go out?? Still have to live a life dude

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems a lot of work. I think I currently juggle about 2-5 hours per night. A mixed regime of homework and study/revision. On Fridays I do nothing! Woo! On weekends I find it hard to work, but get there...

I found that there was a huge leap from Year 10 to Year 11, but I adapted pretty quickly because I expected it and I found Year 10 easy... and friggin enjoyed it....

HSC
yr 10 - bludge
yr 11 - slightly stressful & quite a huge workload
yr 12 - i cant even begin to explain how stressful it is for me :| & extreme workload!

imo anyway.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
< yr 10 - complete and utter bludge
yr 11 - slight workload --> homework and assessments
yr 12 - large workload --> more homework each night along with assessments and before exams notes =="

jana--x

HSC
Workload of Year 10
- doesn't really matter as long as you get good grades to keep your parents from yelling at your bad grades
- workload isn't bad but if more than 4 assesments clash in a week then tell your year coordinator about it.
- school cert. will be over within those three days and even though you were disappointed with your marks doesnt matter, move on, strive to do better in Year 11

Workload of Year 11
- it really depends on what subjects you've chosen. For me, extension 1 maths takes over my life lol. but im ALMOST up to date which is pretty good :D. plus i do two sciences and my bio teacher keeps giving us hw ==" and for chem you just need to remember things so you can get things quickly. english... well i do advanced and that takes a lot of time to, especially when your working on shakespearean plays and lastly i do drama which is a major and of course i have to sacrifice a lot of time to rehearse and get the plays running into shape.
- just do really well and STUDYYYY!!! again reason is you want your parents to not annoy you about your disappointing grades - if your parents are really strict like mine then you'll get a low self esteem lol so proveee to them that you're not dumb :)

Workload of Year 12
- not in year 12 but will be in 2 and a half terms i think.. but i guess that every single assement counts so you MUST study everyday, don't slack off and don't lose motivation
- obviously theres gonna be more work to memorise and more notes to take down.
- you really don't want to fail so do your possible best in all of your subjects :)
- and set realistic goals

Overall, a study planner would be great for senior years. I have one but i never follow it -_____- and i spent a lot of time colouring D: but anyways i'll try following it next term ^^

and beware of cramming...study for assesments a week beforehand so you know your stuff :) i have like 6 assesments in the last two weeks of school which sucks ==" but oh well, i'll live

good luck! :wave:

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
2 hours of maths homework wow we have the ocassional 2 hours + of maths homework when the teachers expectation of the leason are not met then she cranks home like 3 exercises for the next day
She may have loaded YOU up with 3 exercises... maybe if you talked less in class you'd get it done?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)