WorkEXperience In Hospital Medical Clinic (1 Viewer)

ALphOnSe

HSC
so has anyone got any idea what u would do in a hospital, medical clinic for work experience.

Mop some blood, make harry potter potions, Operations????

*wbg*

HSC
you would be asked to do none of the things you listed =)

possibly you would follow a registra / resident (like a baby doctor) around on ward rounds (or a nurse maybe) .. you might get to sit in on consultations providing you had the patient's permission.. i guess its possible you'd be allowed to watch operations (THOUGH I DOUBT IT)

but then again, i could be wrong. .i havent done work experience yet.

P

pLuvia

I don't think they would let you mop up blood because of health reasons and those other things because your not experienced at all with it. Basically you would probably just make beds, probably clean the toilets, maybe hand out the food. Nothing too valuable ;)

They don't let you do much at work experience so don't expect too much

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I came across a student doing work experience at Westmead and they were just sitting at the desk doing admin work, which isn't that hard.

pLuvia said:
probably clean the toilets
No, qualified paid cleaners do that job.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
ALphOnSe said:
so has anyone got any idea what u would do in a hospital, medical clinic for work experience.

Mop some blood, make harry potter potions, Operations????
You cant do anything or do much in a hospital excpet watch people all day its gets pretty boring. I sat in the hospital watching cat scans, x-rays, blood tests, etc

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Ahaha, yep I did. ^_^

Wooz, it depends on which nurse mentor you get, you probably got a boring one :lol: And also what day you come, I saw a man go into cardiac arrest :(

We went to a different ward everyday (minus the emergency ones) and followed a nurse mentor around (obviously not a doctor, ahaha). You would probably have to do a workbook about nursing.

I got to talk to heaps of old people, make beds, bathe babies...and old people, see things you wouldn't normally see like rude body bits, watch blood tests, learn what all the equipment do, send faxes, interview some patients and nurses and blah blah, it's pretty jam-packed. But as I said, it depends on which hospital you go to.

It was pretty fun, although other people didn't think so. The guy I met there didn't like it at all, he hated the maternity ward, lol, but all the girls liked it, so yeah. Hope you enjoy it ^_^

Sofstar

HSC
I went to work experience at a childrens hospital in the Physiotherapy section. It was mostly observing the different methods they used and how they work. I only could do 2 days because of patience confidentiality but it was really cool.
Got to talk to the kiddies and learnt alittle abit about the 'diseases/disabilities' and how they coped with it. It was really good.
Depending on what hospital you could get work experience in a specific area like i did if you were interested in an area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)