Wolf Creek (1 Viewer)

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
crazyhomo said:
/points to ivan milat
He killed alledgely seven people. He didn't kill entire families either, mainly backpackers. Ivan also got caught. While the killer is based on him, the killer in Wolf Creek would have to be one awesome super human to keep all his killings under wrap AND not get caught. Plently of people got away from Ivan. Like I said, the movie is fiction, not reality.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Pierotte said:
i didnt understand the motivations of the killer at all, i didnt really get to see his evil side. Its just... so.. oh i dont know. The dog thing.. wtf... it just seemed so OTT.
you seriously couldn't understand the motivation of the killer?
how about that, living where he was he was basically a god unto himself... everyone's saying 'oh he'd NEVER get away with it rah rah rah...' but we're looking at that fromour specifically urban context. there are lots of places in the centre etc of australia where there really are no people

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
glycerine said:
you seriously couldn't understand the motivation of the killer?
how about that, living where he was he was basically a god unto himself... everyone's saying 'oh he'd NEVER get away with it rah rah rah...' but we're looking at that fromour specifically urban context. there are lots of places in the centre etc of australia where there really are no people
Based on the two outback killers in Australia, the killer of Peter Falconio and Ivan Milat, I think it's safe to say that you will get caught if you're a serial killer in the outback. And if you're living in a place with no people, who are you going to find to kill?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well i never said the movie was factually correct did i?

try looking into a little something called suspension of disbelief.

but still, in a lot of those outback areas particularly where people own huuuuuge motherfucking properties, the idea of the police etc seems kind of remote

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
banana_monkey said:
Based on the two outback killers in Australia, the killer of Peter Falconio and Ivan Milat, I think it's safe to say that you will get caught if you're a serial killer in the outback. And if you're living in a place with no people, who are you going to find to kill?
actually, the movie is based more on the snowtown murders than milat or falconio

HSC
How was that R18? That was weak ...

now compare that to Saw or Saw 2 (if u've seen it). How the hell was that R18?!

It started off slow, the story itself was pretty short. I was disappointed when I realised that Ben's escaped would conclude the movie. What was the motive? Did he get caught afterwards? Is it really possible that the police wouldn't look into that asap?

The car bit was chilling. His laugh...

imagine being in Liz's position at that precise moment.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
loved the movie

literally cried in the cinema from fear, wanted to walk out, the slow burn of the whole movie was incredibly brilliant. well, up to the "head on stick"... after that it rushed to the end.

but i enjoyed it very much

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Wolf Creek disappointment

Who else was disappointed with Wolf Creek? It was a complete anti climax for me. John Jarratt was pretty freaky, but it took 40 minutes for anything to happen and then it took 25 minutes for it to all be over.
=(

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Re: Wolf Creek disappointment

katie_tully said:
Who else was disappointed with Wolf Creek? It was a complete anti climax for me. John Jarratt was pretty freaky, but it took 40 minutes for anything to happen and then it took 25 minutes for it to all be over.
=(

I agree, I found it boring. Took too long for things to happen. The only bit that I liked was that bit where the murderer got offended by a joke and did that 'stare.' Other than that... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

jer0me

HSC

i was so pissed off about this movie i walked out halfway thru to have a wank in the bathroom. i needed some kind of payoff in return for my $12.

Dr_Doom

HSC

Yeah Saw II is better than this. This was still good though.. Didn't have much of a story line. I can sum it up in one sentence.

"Two girls and a guy go on a roadtrip, their car doesn't start, some guy tows them to his place, he murders the 2 girls, the guy escapes."

Although I think the guy murdered them but anywayz.. Coz apparently it's based on a true story...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)