Wolf Creek (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
has any one seen this?
Ive read heaps of reviews and heard people talking about it on radio saying they walked out coz its really disturbing.
Any one have any opions about it?
or anything...

yer, i want to go see it, sounds interestingly disturbing, yet i still want to feast my eyes upon it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It's rated R for "realistic violence." I'm a bit queasy to that sort of thing so I think I'll give it a miss.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Quintin Tarantino said it was the scariest movie he had ever seen.

Would of been good if it wasn't slightly based on the Falconio case. With all the media coverage the movie will be getting some higher attendences.

Surprising they said that the movie wasn't nominated for some of the top 5 Australian film awards.

Wolf Creek is also a wine ;)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
this movie was hella cool. "head on a stick" was the best death ever. also loved the guy who stopped to help

the best thing about this movie was the victims never did anything incredibly stupid. not once did i feel like yelling at the screen "OMG ARE YOU A FUCKING MORON! DONT DO THAT!"

icecreamdisco

HSC
so hyped for this. i was watching the devil's rejects again yesterday (one of the best films of the year, despite what critics day) and thought if that can get an MA rating despite being one of the most depraved and sick films i've seen, then wolf creek's gunna be the tits.

nwatts

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Quintin Tarantino said it was the scariest movie he had ever seen.
Quentin Tarantino says a lot of things. He's a great filmmaker, but outside the studio I'd sign a petition for his mouth to be sealed closed.

bscienceboi said:
Wolf Creek is also a wine ;)
That's the first thing I thought when someone told me about the film. "Great! Sideways 2!"

I'm keen to see this, though. Unfortunately I'll either have to wait until DVD or hope it's a hit and lasts till January. :p

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I liked it, it was a bit slow at first then got better.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
crazyhomo said:
this movie was hella cool. "head on a stick" was the best death ever. also loved the guy who stopped to help

the best thing about this movie was the victims never did anything incredibly stupid. not once did i feel like yelling at the screen "OMG ARE YOU A FUCKING MORON! DONT DO THAT!"
I dunno...
How about when the two girls push their truck off the cliff. First of all, why even do that? And second of all (even if there was a good reason to push it off) why not push HIS truck off the cliff?
Oh and she should have shot him in the gut or lung or body or somewhere in that vicinity. I know, I know, "you would have been scared in that situation, blah, blah" but just saying :p
And yes I do realise it's a movie so he has to keep on living :p

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
I dunno...
How about when the two girls push their truck off the cliff. First of all, why even do that? And second of all (even if there was a good reason to push it off) why not push HIS truck off the cliff?
Oh and she should have shot him in the gut or lung or body or somewhere in that vicinity. I know, I know, "you would have been scared in that situation, blah, blah" but just saying :p
And yes I do realise it's a movie so he has to keep on living :p
i thought the pushing the truck off the edge was quite inspired, actually. they pushed it off so he would see it and think they were dead. the only thing that fucked that up was that he took his keys when he went to inspect the wreckage, otherwise they would have been homefree. but yeah, i do agree they shoulda pushed off his truck as well

anyway, i'm not saying they pulled off the most brilliant plans throughout the entire movie, but it certainly didn't feel like i was watching complete idiots being killed

cate_7x

HSC
Ok I really want to see this - anyone know of any cinemas round Nrth Shore/City area which don't check id? Or at least dont check it very carefully?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
cate_7x said:
Ok I really want to see this - anyone know of any cinemas round Nrth Shore/City area which don't check id? Or at least dont check it very carefully?
I doubt it for this movie. It's an R and those films only come around once in a blue moon.
You could try buying a ticket to another movie in a nearby session and then sneaking across.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
crazyhomo said:

no there was one very VERY stupid thing that i felt like shouting out at

after she shot him in the neck, she should of got that knife and cut his head off and stabbed him in the heart or something that would have definently killed him, the hot girls always die first :(

i saw it last night, no one walked out, the realism of the movie creeps you out, also the fact that its based on actual events in australia freaks you out.

The violent scenes were very realistic, and although it wasn't the scariest movie i've ever seen it just creeps you out for some reason.

After you see and think about it its not that scary but while your watching it you just shiver

after the movie was finished, it gave me the creeps how everyone was walking out of the cinema totally silent, NOT ONE sound from anyone, everyone was creeped out lol.

donkeydrop

HSC
quick question. I forgot, does he funk them or just tortures them or both?

thanks

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
donkeydrop said:
quick question. I forgot, does he funk them or just tortures them or both?

thanks

im assuming by funk you mean fuck as in rape?

no he doesnt rape either i dont think, he might of raped the tied up chick while she was drugged (not the one who got her fingers fucked up) he tortures both of the girls, first girl he ties to a pole and taunts her with a gun, beats her, does 'give me a blowjob' motions etc, and the seoncd one he stabs her when she just got the car to start, chops her fingers off, then stabs her in the back doin some shit to her spine :( which was sad and dissapointing for me because she was niiiiice :p

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
i just saw the preview~
looks freakay!
im not going to see that out of choice- but i may b 'forced' to...
ITZ RATED RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
rrrr me hearties! lol
(note: is that what a pirate says? "hearties"???)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I really dont want to see it, because I know Ill leave feeling really uneasy and not sleep - I mean, The Ring was a total mind fuck for me.

But theres also the sadistic side of me thats really really curious and really wants to see it. Maybe when it comes out on DVD...:p

Luke_D

HSC
Just came back from seeing it. It was pretty piss weak as far as horror films go in my opinion. It wasn't scary, just disturbing.

A good movie though. Although I must say, I think Quentin Tarantino's a bit of a pansy if he thought it was the scariest movie he's ever seen :rolleyes: And I thought he was kinda twisted.....

HSC
Not nearly as scary as I expected, but wasnt still a good movie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)