Wireless internet at UNSW (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

sunny said:
Bambul if you read the first couple of posts in the thread, UniWide is the one we've been talking about.
I *did* read the first couple of posts and that *was* what I was talking about.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You get a different allowance depending on how many CSE courses you're doing. Also if you're involved with CSE societies eg. Compsoc, revue, wic etc. CHeck this site for details: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/faq/index.html

It's more than enough for most people since UNSW browsing is free.

Bambul and sunny.. peace please :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
So, uh, can you join computer societies without doing a computers course? Heh heh.

B

Bambul

You can join CSE Revue without doing CSE, I'm sure about that one. Don't know about the others.

saves.the.day

HSC
Thanks everyone for the overwhelmingly large amount of good information and replies. It's really cleared everything up for me.

Slide Rule said:
Affordable? Last time I checked the wireless was like dollar to connect then a dollar per megabyte - that's NOT affordable.

Ah, I see. 10 cents per meg, now. Far better. That's still at least $33 a month though, assuming you login every day. Hmm.

Ah well - can't complain. It is better than nothing.
As for myself, I dont think I'll be connecting every single day. I'll only be connective once every so often which means it wont add up to all that much I dont think. Probably only the days I am researching assignments etc while at the library.

I had no idea about the wireless access until now and last year in UNSW I would bring my laptop into the library to research and when I needed the internet I had to take a 3.5 inch floppy, use one of the library computers and then use the disk to transfer to my floppy - very time consuming and cumbersome. I also had to do the same for transferring web ct files to my laptop. At least this way I can pay my $1 and get all my web ct files.

Bambul said:
You can join CSE Revue without doing CSE, I'm sure about that one. Don't know about the others.
Yeh I know eng students in Med revue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)