Window Tinting- any good places in Sydney, Hills preferably. (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering if you guys know any good places to get my car tinted. Whilst price is a major factor, I'd pay a bit more for a reputable install which won't leave it all bubbly/disgusting in a few years time.

Preferably in the Hills district, but am willing to travel to maybe Chatswood or Parra.

Cheers.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I think most aftermarket tinting results in a bubbly/off-colour mess in a couple of years. That is - if your car stays around in the sun (which is usually the point of tinting in the first place). First it's around the demisters, on the rear windshield, then it spreads. Try to find what kind of warranty they can give you. Then add around 2 years on top, and you're looking at it's lifetime, if exposed to sun everyday.

It would be nice to have someone prove me wrong. I am looking for the same thing on my car, and am holding back for that reason.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I've heard there are some really pro places... I was surfing the net and found a Singaporean forum- the people who do tinting in Singapore at this shop were so pro, they even removed the door panels and the rear shelf + tail light (as in, the one inside the car) so they wouldn't need to cut a hole out of the tinting sheet and as a result; the whole job looked really pro. I hope we have quality like that in Australia!

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
everything can be done..for a price
if you wanted that sort of install, suggest it and ask for a quote

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I'm inclined to think they'd charge some ridiculous price and probably end up doing the same quality job they would've done regardless. But anyway, if anyone knows any decent tinting places (and have had experience) please recommend. So far I've found Euro Tint- some store which used to have a shop, but upon driving there today (took me half an hr), I saw this in the window;

Great waste of petrol IMO.

The other place is some small little advert I saw in the local paper but... it doesn't look very convincing >_> At least the above store had a guy's business card stuck to the next window.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Hunters Hill Window Tinting
Robert Salvia
0418 464 185

36 Betty Hendry Parade
North Ryde

Does it from his own house, or he will drive to your place for a fee.
He did my car for around $160. Will do any tint you want, even illegal ones, I have 28% all round which is illegal.

He does not advertise, he does tinting for car dealerships, I found him through Skyline Australia Forums when they did a 'group-buy' discount thing a while ago.

Great bloke and does excellent job.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds good.

I'm planning on getting 35% on the front, and 30% all round the rest. Today the sun was shining from behind and I never realised how useless your mirrors can become when the sun is behind ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)