Will u pay? (1 Viewer)

Will u pay student union contributions once VSU is implemented?

• Total voters
X

xeuyrawp

Philomena_86 said:
pwaryuex we pay $386 per yr at macq on union fees. (where was $80 from??)
I assume you mean 356 (178 x 2)...

Anyway. We pay 178 dollars of compulsary Student Activity Fees per semester, with only 87$ "Union CS Semester Rate", of which 40$ of that goes to the operation of SAM directly. 20$ goes to MUSC and 71$ to the sports association. With VSU, all the other fees will be absorbed into our subject costs, except the 40$ to SAM.

Look on an invoice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i read in the paper that we probably wont lose all the facilities..they will just get taken over by private organisations and possibly big chains eg maccas and prices will go up

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:
i read in the paper that we probably wont lose all the facilities..they will just get taken over by private organisations and possibly big chains eg maccas and prices will go up
Of course we wont lose all the facilities - not the ones that count, anyway (for the benefit of PwarYuex, the queer space doesn't count). I for one don't mind paying an extra $1-2 at the Unibar.

And I say bring on the big chains. I'd love a Gloria Jeans or a Maccas at uni.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
hfis said:
Of course we wont lose all the facilities - not the ones that count, anyway (for the benefit of PwarYuex, the queer space doesn't count). I for one don't mind paying an extra $1-2 at the Unibar.

And I say bring on the big chains. I'd love a Gloria Jeans or a Maccas at uni.
i wouldnt like maccas there ...takes away the choice of what you can get there.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:
i wouldnt like maccas there ...takes away the choice of what you can get there.
I see. Adding more items to the menu destroys those already on it, I getcha..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
But the existing food at usyd tastes like absolute shit. Bring on Oportos and Boost Juice.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Definately won't be paying (I'll be at uni in S1 2006).
The $500 odd saved will be going to my textbooks and similar material.
I can handle paying 20c extra for anything I buy on campus.
User pays system should be set up for previously "free" services.
SRC/Guild execs will stop wasting money, as they'll be paying for the production of their propaganda and legal fees and interstate flights themselves.
Clubs and societies won't die - if people want to join, they'll pay.
Uni social events won't die - if people want to party, they will.
Councillors etc will still exist, only they'll be volunteers (and they'll volunteer if they truly want to help people, just as the union calls for volunteers for o-week and etc)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Master Yoda said:
i agree with everything you said minai apart from the last part

o-day volunteers arent trained professionals iwth credentials and experience
Those on the Union/SRC at USyd don't necessarily have to have credentials or experience, just support from a major faction.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
all my union fees went to this semester was some left wing hippie buying paint and cardboard, and writing VSU = Very Shit Uni's..... how about i keep my $200 and buy a gun and shot that person

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
By the looks of this thread, those for VSU are those who have zero social life.
This is false. Our communist brothers have an excellent social life - it consists of gathering together in free-love communes and frolicking through sunflower-dotted meadows underneath a rainbow forged from dreams.

Their argument is that VSU will kill the rainbow, or some shit like that. I'm not really sure, I try my hardest to block out the shrieking harpies who associate with the wro--left side of politics.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Wow. Could you at least make some kind of argument rather than calling the otherside names and stereotyping.

What do you expect the union to do? Say 'We are very pleased with the reforms to curb our power'

:rolleyes:

Anyways what is your problem with hippies? I just wish they didn't actually end up opening universities out in the middle of no where under the blindly stupid principle that everyone should have some chance of education.
I expect the unions to drown, choke and succumb as VSU steps a boot upon their screaming faces and pushes them beneath the waves where they belong. If people don't want to be members of the unions, then they have a right to keep their money. Fuck the unions and their leftist agenda, and fuck you.

My problem with hippies is that they don't fucking shut up. Look, I wrote a fucking doctoral thesis on it:

Your post.

QED
I wish you loudmouthed cocklords would shut up for JUST ONE SECOND and accept the fact that the majority of the public don't give a fuck about your quest for free love, or whatever the fuck it is you people blindly chase after now. Money is power, and power is all - the human race will never get along in peace, and those that insist that it can are a weakness that must be crushed and purged.

So to answer your question comrade, I despise hippies because they (loudly) push fucking stupid opinions that attempt to shake the mammon-founded powerhouse of capitalist society, and persist in making arseholes of themselves. Case in point: the recent violent anti-VSU protest. Yeah, way to spread the love, you fucking whoresons.

X

xeuyrawp

Asquithian said:
Do you make any sense at all?
Haven't you seen that this is futile? He just calls people names and doesn't respond to any of your arguments.

sarevok

HSC
Nope, I'm not going to pay $600 for something I don't use.

melbournian said:
That's right, I don't take partake in university social events so it is illogical for me to contribute to them financially. Go pay for your own entertainment.

Last edited:

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
You expect to earn money with a med science degree coupled with law from University of the Gong?

Do you make any sense at all? Other than call people hippies?

It's almost funny that you rant on about power and money when you go to UOW out in the middle of nowhere with its duck ponds and moutains. I mean power and money? The Hippies created your university.

You live in a shit hole and you are doing a WEAK degree at a WEAK minority university and you are crapping on about power and money. You going to fucking minority university.

I'm just simply applying your logic to your own situation :)
Lol... I was staring in disbelief when I read this, until i saw the last line :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
melbournian said:
:rolleyes: Thanks for the personal attack, but I actually do enjoy and make use of the Union's social events, which is why I will be funding them next year. There are, however, a great amount of students who might prefer to go up to a pub in the CBD with friends or whatever over going to a Union party, and this is just as valid a way of enjoying their time as me attending Union events, and there is absolutely no reason why these people should pay for my social activities when I do nothing similar for them.
http://www.susport.com/pdf/VSU/Ozrowers110805.pdf

I guess these are your typical communist brothers....right?
Because rowers can't possibly be hippies, can they?

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
Asquithian said:
Yeah. Fred Nile is a good man. Just like the Young Liberals say. It's quite clear the negro lobby has grown much too powerful in the US. Don't you think?
Thankyou for this relevant reply.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Because rowers can't possibly be hippies, can they?
No they aren't communist because they are too self-absorbed into the "top athletes (like ourselves) wont get money to help them train through uni and have meals cooked for them" mentality.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
I mean don't you think? The black lobby is much too powerful in the US? Along with all those lobby groups that do no represent you that happened to be supported by USU? Much too powerful.
Suggesting that because sarevok is a member of the Young Libs he/she supports the fringe elements of that organisation is stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)