Will u pay? (1 Viewer)

Will u pay student union contributions once VSU is implemented?

• Total voters

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
So you want to remove much needed facilities and services for people simply because you disagree with how your union's run?
That's exactly right. I honestly don't care what the associated consequences are, as long as the unions fall. I have no desire to be associated with them and their leftist antics.

X

xeuyrawp

hfis said:
That's exactly right. I honestly don't care what the associated consequences are, as long as the unions fall. I have no desire to be associated with them and their leftist antics.
Ok- you dislike how they do things. Instead of protesting in its various forms and letting them know that you think they suck, you're just going to cut them off at the knees with their funding?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Ok- you dislike how they do things. Instead of protesting in its various forms and letting them know that you think they suck, you're just going to cut them off at the knees with their funding?
Yes. The sooner these leftist hippies stop hugging trees and learn that money has the power to crush them the better. They don't deserve funding, and they certainly wont get it from me.

X

xeuyrawp

Asquithian said:
lol moron.

Bloody hippies and their idea of the need for higher education. Sell the gong university off. What a waste of government money. I certainly am not going to pay for some shitting minority uni down the south coast.
*highfives asqy*

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Master Yoda said:
bathrooms and computers are provided by the universities, not the unions
All the more reason not to pay. I'm suprised we actually agree on something.

PwarYuex said:
Are you serious? Nearly six-hundred bucks per year?
Yes, shocking isn't it? For that amount I could get my own shared 'queer space' for a good six weeks.

X

xeuyrawp

Master Yoda said:
i stand corrected
Also, at Macquarie, our food court, the chemist, graduation hiring, lockers, hairdressers, conception day, band tours, weekly parties, the bar, etc etc, and about 50 other shops and services are housed in the union building.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
lol moron.

Bloody hippies and their idea of the need for higher education. Sell the gong university off. What a waste of government money. I certainly am not going to pay for some shitty minority uni down the south coast.
As you leftist fucks annoyingly state, 'Under VSU, it's just a degree!'

VSU wont cause higher education to slide into the ocean you fucking communist. Now shut up and embrace VSU like the bitch you are, we have a real governent in power.

X

xeuyrawp

hfis said:
VSU wont cause higher education to slide into the ocean.
I think it will. For one, using your example, queer counseling saves lives.

The "education" will still be there, but there won't be any uni life.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
usyd unions fees. Not gong union fees.

I still don't understand why the government supports minority universities who create minority degrees (Like med sci/law) and the tree hugging hippy idea of education.

I just don't get it :(
I never said they were for my uni. They are for a uni, and so affect some students. Don't they teach the basic notion of 'Read, Comprehend, Post' in your magical communes of sunshine and happiness and free love?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I think it will. For one, using your example, queer counseling saves lives.

The "education" will still be there, but there won't be any uni life.
Uni = Class
Life = Stuff outside uni

Maybe you should get one?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
I dont like you. Why do I have to pay for your minority uni out in the sticks? :( I'm so confused :(

I dont understand why you bag the commies. They created the uni you go to :(
You shouldn't have to. HECS should completely cover a student's education.

X

xeuyrawp

hfis said:
Uni = Class
Life = Stuff outside uni

Maybe you should get one?
Like most people, uni is a big part of my life- 90% of the people I hang out with are people I've met at uni- mostly at the social gatherings, the societies, the parties, etc. All these will be gone, and for us people "without a life", VSU's going to get rid of that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sportsgal: The Union provides the toilet facilities in Manning and Wentworth.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Like most people, uni is a big part of my life- 90% of the people I hang out with are people I've met at uni- mostly at the social gatherings, the societies, the parties, etc. All these will be gone, and for us people "without a life", VSU's going to get rid of that.
Clubs and Socs constitute less than 3% of the Union spending at USyd, it'd be similar at MQ. They will be the last thing to go.

Danoz The Great

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Also, at Macquarie, our food court, the chemist, graduation hiring, lockers, hairdressers, conception day, band tours, weekly parties, the bar, etc etc, and about 50 other shops and services are housed in the union building.
Then why not want these facilities to stay?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I was never going to pay anyway but the bullshit union at UOW pretending to represent the opinion of the majority of students has made sure of it.

philly17

pwaryuex we pay $386 per yr at macq on union fees. (where was $80 from??) The macq union provides crap all, I have paid nearly $400 for a diary. I dont go to the bar, any of the parties and if I did join any societies they were free and havent heard from them ever. The food is cheaper at macq shopping centre than at the 'student discount' food places at uni.
All the union services pay for are lefty queer space ppl or the women's room lady ( what is the purpose of a woman's room there is no men's room so unequal). Queer counselling is available at many places I doubt the uni provides much and could be done for free anyway. You guys dont need a room complete with a security lock thing. its unequal just like the woman's room. The pharmacy newsagency and hairdressers arent that cheap at all I have found normal shops cheaper. All these services will stay but be privatised and probably go up as much as paying the compulsory fees would cost u. And u dont have to use them if u dont want to.....

Last edited by a moderator:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I was never going to pay anyway but the bullshit union at UOW pretending to represent the opinion of the majority of students has made sure of it.
hfis said:
No. I'm not going to pay because of the amount of shit the unions have been kicking up over the 'VSU crisis' - the loud protests, the flyers filled with misinformation, the recent violence in Sydney.
A possible pattern is emerging here. I hope many others feel the same way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)