Will my school rank save me, if i screw up in the exam? (1 Viewer)

get_back23

HSC
As title, if i have okay ranks top 5 for most, and a top 10 ranking for school, then and i screw up (not big screwup, jst a little below standard) then i will get someone else's mark? is this true

Sindivyn

HSC
Your exam mark you keep, that makes up 50% of your final HSC mark.
The other 50% is your moderated internal mark, which will be based off your entire cohort's performance and your position in the cohort.

If you do a little below standard, your moderated mark will be effected, but not greatly. Your exam mark will be effected, and your final HSC mark will be effected. However, if you do a BIG screw up, you aren't considered in the moderation process, meaning it wont save you.

megaman64

HSC
What happens if you are ranked around 40th but there is one mark separating 20th and 40th, do you still get the 40th highest mark for you internal mark

D94

HSC
N/A
What happens if you are ranked around 40th but there is one mark separating 20th and 40th, do you still get the 40th highest mark for you internal mark
You never get "someone else's mark" (except if you're first, technically, and sometimes last). BOS doesn't make a list of exam marks and then assigns rank 1 to 1, rank 2 to 2, rank 3 to 3, ..., rank 40 to 40. They don't do that. They use your raw school mark (the school mark you gain from doing assessments, with different weightings etc.), and look at the gaps between students. If you're only 1 mark away from 20th and you're 40th, then your moderated assessment mark will be almost the same, if not the same (if your cohort's exam marks are reasonably close together).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)