• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Will my ATAR be greatly affected because of my failed assessment marks? (1 Viewer)

Miscbrah

HSC
I got 40% for both my assessments for Physics. I think they weighed around 10% each. I'm sure that this is probably last in my cohort.

Will this affect my ATAR a lot, assuming from here on out I do slightly above average - good?

My school ranking in 2011 was in the 40s, I believe. And I'm currently doing 10 units, which I greatly regret.

D94

HSC
N/A
Whilst it's great and better to gain as many raw marks as possible, it is still hard to determine if these raw marks will impact your HSC mark. This is because schools can set different levels of difficulty, and so whilst you might be last, should your cohort perform well, a poor raw mark could be translated to a good, decent moderated assessment mark.

From experience, no, it probably won't affect your ATAR, so long as your HSC performance is great.

Miscbrah

HSC
So say if my cohort is doing well but I'm an outlier and performing poorly. Would that change a thing?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
All this basically means is that you got 2 marks out of 5 marks with a total of 100 for the subject (internals and externals).

In the long run, this won't make much difference but if you didn't do well at all, this should ring some alarm bells.

In regards to doing poorly in respect to everyone else (especially by the end of Term 3), then your performance will be heavily determined by how you go in your external exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)