will improving my marks help my atar? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg1994

HSC
N/A
so for my half yearlies i just failed like all my exams, do you reckon there is any hope of me getting in the 80s now?
to get in the 80s for maths i need to get literally 100% in my next two exams (and thats including trials) and that would be just on 80.
for 3u i just failed but that was the only exam i've done so far.
chemistry failed terrible but got around 67% for my assignment ( i hate chem)
biology got the same mark for my assignment and just failed (teacher is absolutely pathetic)
standard english im sitting in like the mid 60s lol (teachers a biiitch)
visual arts is just a piece of shit, at mid 60s as well (which is like <30)
im basically fked, funny thing is i use to be smart and get good marks (hence why i was allowed to pick those subjects)
tbh i didnt really study all that much and they say 3-4 hrs a night but i did max 1 hr throughout the term (probably less lol, i cant bring myself to do anything and thats just hw) and maybe 2 (or maybe 3) around/during exams lol .
do you reckon i can improve and get a decent atar?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Observing your attitude to school, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Peeik

HSC
Change your attitude and your marks will be change too

qwerty44

HSC
You probably could improve, the question is will you?

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
In reference to the thread title; contrary to popular belief, improving your marks won't help your ATAR. In fact, it'll have quite the opposite effect and ultimately result in a lower ATAR. (srs)

On a more serious note, obviously you can improve. Whether or not you put in the effort to do so is entirely up to you.

gg1994

HSC
N/A
In reference to the thread title; contrary to popular belief, improving your marks won't help your ATAR. In fact, it'll have quite the opposite effect and ultimately result in a lower ATAR. (srs)

uhh how? if your marks are higher then your atar will be higher?

and to the ones who said no based on attitude if i actually studied and crap and tried harder will it get better/better marks?

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad

and to the ones who said no based on attitude if i actually studied and crap and tried harder will it get better/better marks?
The lack of the understanding of scarcasm on this forum never ceases to amaze me, oh well :/

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Yes it will.

Prove me wrong.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Theoretically yes, probability wise unlikely.

I offer motivation to DARE you to prove me wrong. If you can harness motivation and hard work, nothing will stop you.

rogerlam

HSC
Lol, kinda funny how you blame others/make up excuses for your failure, you're better off repeating and doing subjects you LIKE if you want a good ATAR or going TAFE, at this rate I'd say your ATAR would be 50~60. Admit your mistakes, start fresh and study like fuck till the HSC you might be able to swipe 80s.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

M8. You're screwed.

Mr Slick

Banned
HSC
N/A
How does that work? :S

On a more serious note, obviously you can improve. Whether or not you put in the effort to do so is entirely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)