Why boys>girls (2 Viewers)

stevie444

HSC
I think on average single sex girls schools do outperform single sex boys schools but there seems to be a weird pattern where the boys schools are more polarised in the results (higher concentrations of both the best and the worst results). not sure why this is

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I just realised these schools probably chose (not forced) to go coed πŸ’€ waste of a thread mb guys!
lol nah the points brought up still make sense
but yeah a lot of the changes are cos of pressure from parents and families, i think randwick is merging the single sex schools cos they surveyed parents in the area of kids who are going into high school in the following years and most of them said they would prefer a coed school

Interdice

HSC
If you went to an all boys school I def think you would be a very different person socially and academically
Unlikely. I never socialized with my classmates even in primary school. My parents put lots of effort to get me to socialize with other people my age.

I also wasn't the brightest in my primary school. Although my primary school classmates were crazy smart. So many state ranks from my primary school, it's actually astounding. Dux and the runner up were both from my primary school.

Any issues I have are external to the school I attend or my classmates

souli

HSC
what source did u pull this out of? Whilst there are many schools single sex for women that are achieving rlly well (like I cant deny that), the vast majority in the top 20 list for single sex schools are boys only schools... Including the one that recently beat the 27years undefeated JRAHS. Surely they can't just claim that boys don't work well in single sex environments if they have proved to have brought out pretty decent results?
I’ll find it tomorrow but I heard it on the news a few months ago. Something about girls getting distracted less in the classroom, less disruptions, being less intimidated to participate in discussions (ie STEM subjects and subjects not typically female orientated) etc. Personally tho, I’m not a fan of single sex education. But it comes down to the individual and their (parent’s) preferences.

Last edited:

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
My school (all boys) did something interesting where they started a program between us and an all girls school, like activities, a few classes, and stem related stuff for both schools to collaborate. like every week or so, some students from one school would go to the other to do some activity.

Its still in its very early stages (idek if it will continue), but perhaps it is a nice hybrid of getting the benefits of a single-sex school, whilst also giving the opportunity for both sexes to interact more regularly

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
my school is like co-ed but girls and boys classes are separated and im convinced its because the guys literally moan and moo
wait qn does ur school teach u about allah and alacaba words and stuff like u would learn stuff ab cristianity in a cristian school?
bc the site for ur school doesnt rlly show off much of the religious aspects of the school as it does in a cath or cristi school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)