Why boys>girls (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Real qn is why is it only the boys indp single sex schools that are turning coed?

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
because typically girls perform better in a single sex environment than boys do
Yeah, supposedly boys perform better in coed environments 🀨
Personally, I love going to a single sex school and losing that would suck (having no boys around is great). I think that people should have the option to choose between a single sex or coed school as there are benefits to each type and it's really up to the student (hopefully).

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
because typically girls perform better in a single sex environment than boys do
what source did u pull this out of? Whilst there are many schools single sex for women that are achieving rlly well (like I cant deny that), the vast majority in the top 20 list for single sex schools are boys only schools... Including the one that recently beat the 27years undefeated JRAHS. Surely they can't just claim that boys don't work well in single sex environments if they have proved to have brought out pretty decent results?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Personally, I love going to a single sex school and losing that would suck (having no boys around is great). I think that people should have the option to choose between a single sex or coed school as there are benefits to each type and it's really up to the student (hopefully).
correcto, but most schools just state that they want to increase their engagement with the opposite sex so they just revamped the whole fking dynamic πŸ’€. If this is the case with these single sex schools, isn't it only right that the girls schools also contribute to this new 'revolutionary' change?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i personally dont see the point, like i have nothing against it but surely we can put the money and energy to improving the schools themselves or their resources? ppl acting like students who go to single-sex schools do not interact whatsoever with the opposite sex outside of school

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
i personally dont see the point, like i have nothing against it but surely we can put the money and energy to improving the schools themselves or their resources? ppl acting like students who go to single-sex schools do not interact whatsoever with the opposite sex outside of school
missed my whole point there but defs man cannot agree more.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
what source did u pull this out of? Whilst there are many schools single sex for women that are achieving rlly well (like I cant deny that), the vast majority in the top 20 list are boys only schools... Including the one that recently beat the 27years undefeated JRAHS. Surely they can't just claim that boys don't work well in single sex environments?
i've heard that research stat but i haven't actually checked to verify it but i'll probs look for something now or tomorrow

but i also would like to point out that while the top 20 have mainly boys only schools, they are pretty much either elite rich private schools from the highest SEA or selective schools (both of which already tend to have top academically-inclined and intelligent students). actually the whole of the top 20 from this year are either selective schools or elite priv schools, apart from al noori and al faisal

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
i've heard that research stat but i haven't actually checked to verify it but i'll probs look for something now or tomorrow

but i also would like to point out that while the top 20 have mainly boys only schools, they are pretty much either elite rich private schools from the highest SEA or selective schools (both of which already tend to have top academically-inclined and intelligent students). actually the whole of the top 20 from this year are either selective schools or elite priv schools, apart from al noori and al faisal)
Realistically speaking though masaken, there arent very many single sex boys schools in australia. and lots actually have reached those higher rankings despite their little abundance.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
correcto, but most schools just state that they want to increase their engagement with the opposite sex so they just revamped the whole fking dynamic πŸ’€. If this is the case with these single sex schools, isn't it only right that the girls schools also contribute to this new 'revolutionary' change?
There's no obligation for girls schools to contribute to the 'positive change towards coed' like it is portrayed in the news, it can also be pretty disruptive as schools need to provide new facilities and shit.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i think the argument is that girls do tend to thrive in single-sex schools because an environment without boys allows them to be more confident in subjects and fields that are typically topped by and dominated by boys (think stem and math): https://www.aracy.org.au/blog/same-sex-or-co-ed-social-and-educational-outcomes-explored#:~:text=Existing research suggests girls who,in classroom discussions[2]. will have to say though that these studies are more of a focus on girls only than boys in coed or single-sex environments (will look for that), and there have been studies that say there's no consistent evidence in regards to boys and girls as a whole in regards to whether they do better (2014 study, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24491022/ )

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Realistically speaking though masaken, there arent very many single sex boys schools in australia. and lots actually have reached those higher rankings despite their little abundance.
you are correct, but beyond the single-sex schools in the state for example in the top 50, let's say, girls' schools perform on average better than boys as a whole overall in the top 300 and it's been like that for quite a while. i will say the gap is starting to shrink though, gradually

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe bros aren't perfectly good to each other on a statistical basis (probably as a result of the male culture instead of biology), so they need their attention drawn towards a potential friendship or whatever other relationship, that's a little more hopeful, which the culture within the girls' group might support that luxury more frequently. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
you are correct, but beyond the single-sex schools in the state for example in the top 50 let's say girls' schools perform on average better than boys as a whole overall in the top 300 and it's been like that for quite a while. i will say the gap is starting to shrink though, gradually
fair yeah i guess. But if statistics were involved I'm sure there would better approaches than limitting the majority of the schools changing from ss, to one specific gender that vaguely follows a trend from schools in the top 300.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)