whos packin it right about now??? (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
melsc said:
Yes that only appeals to me...most girls wouldnt find it endeering LOL....Its like when Jonathan showed me a pick of the mootcourt @ UWS...it impressed me :)
someone may misintepret mootcourt melsc :p
but i know what u mean :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i realise the HSC isnt everything, that there is life after it... but i still worry. Mainly about letting my parents down. They have such high expectations of me im pretty sure i can't meet.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i realise the HSC isnt everything, that there is life after it... but i still worry. Mainly about letting my parents down. They have such high expectations of me im pretty sure i can't meet.
yep theres life after the HSC
not to long 2 go either guys
u can either look at it as a scary way
or as a countdown that we'll be free soon

illusions

HSC
N/A
physician said:
it won't either make or break u...

the HSC just cuts ur trip shorter.. instead of spending 2 years after ur HSC to get into a desired course... (if u want to go uni).... u perform well in the HSC and save urself 2 years of ur life..

The HSC is a real good short cut... but the road doesn't end or start depedning on ur HSC...

since u know ur a lazy yr 12 student why don't u get off ur backside and do something about it...

the HSC will only break u if u let it... there are tonnes of ppl that stuff up their HSC and still end up doing what they want (eventually)

but there are some smarter people who realise (from the beginning) that now is the time to pull up... and not worry about "screwing up the HSC"...

if u were "seriously" starting to worry then u would no longer be that lazy yr 12 student...
I have heard so many peole say that, and things of that sort. But what are the altenative ways? If I get a cr*p UAI, what do I actually do?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
illusions said:
I have heard so many peole say that, and things of that sort. But what are the altenative ways? If I get a cr*p UAI, what do I actually do?
You could do one of the countless Diplomas or Cert 4 programs to enter Uni, or you could take a lower course and tranfer, or do the course you desire as postgrad, or you could apply to OLA, or you could do TPC, or you could apply for non award study till you have enough units to be competive with school leavers or you could do Pathways...the list goes on.

fakingtheday

HSC
I really don't have anything to lose. I'm just the mystery kid in so many respects. I've clawed through the ranks but still go somewhat unnoticed. I don't really have anyone to disappoint so that said i'm just now kicking it to take other people's UAI points. Bastard till the end.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
u know, hsc is such a small part of ur life, i am just going to try my best, thats all i expect

adambra

HSC
The HSC is your life. Don't give me the BS about other options, you'll always regret having to do your second choice. You will live with that for the rest of your life, weighing you down, an unimaginable burden of eternal suffering. I myself am bordering on traumatic levels of stress. The only people who don't stress are those on track and those way off track. Anyone uncertain wakes up every morning contemplating their bleak future. LIFE = SUFFERING.

Say you forget to put one full stop in one of your English essays. That could be one too many grammar errors. The difference between a 17 and a 16. Which transports to one less mark on your HSC. Becomes .02 of a UAI point. The difference between Dentistry and Veterinary science. So for the next 50 years you stare at teeth instead of lovable puppies. LIFE = SUFFERING.

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
adambra said:
The HSC is your life. Don't give me the BS about other options, you'll always regret having to do your second choice. You will live with that for the rest of your life, weighing you down, an unimaginable burden of eternal suffering. I myself am bordering on traumatic levels of stress. The only people who don't stress are those on track and those way off track. Anyone uncertain wakes up every morning contemplating their bleak future. LIFE = SUFFERING.

Say you forget to put one full stop in one of your English essays. That could be one too many grammar errors. The difference between a 17 and a 16. Which transports to one less mark on your HSC. Becomes .02 of a UAI point. The difference between Dentistry and Veterinary science. So for the next 50 years you stare at teeth instead of lovable puppies. LIFE = SUFFERING.
ppfftttt...
there are more important things in life to be worried about......

Stop worrying!
(or more to the point, stop complaining)

ITS JUST A PIECE OF PAPER!
IT DOESNT CONTROL YOUR LIFE- you do!

Gawd, if you are stressed now (and note that stress in this context is thinking like the above quote as opposed to being nervous etc), what are you going to be like when the real important things in your life occur?

Sorry, this line of thinking irks me as outside influences (media, parents etc) put un-necessary worry onto HSC students...most of the time, those that are "stressed" either have their sights set way too high or what they are aiming for isnt what they want to do but rather what they feel they can or must do....

*is sick of having to clean up the mess that other people leave their kids in*

sorry...bad day

adambra

HSC
BTW my post was meant to be sarcastic, I agree with you 100% :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
You would be surprised..I have heard that sort of crap (no offense) for years and its just annoying.

I mean, look at the first post. I cant believe people are forced to be so worried like that.

BTW...glad you werent serious

JumboKHS

HSC
I think schools should organise yearly meetings for year 12's for the careers adviser to explain the options avaliable to those who dont acheive their expected UAI. There is so much confusion about what lies beyond the HSC.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
JumboKHS said:
I think schools should organise yearly meetings for year 12's for the careers adviser to explain the options avaliable to those who dont acheive their expected UAI. There is so much confusion about what lies beyond the HSC.
This should be done in yr 10 so they arent doing the wrong subjects 'cause they are working out of their depth IMO

fakingtheday

HSC
^^ my sister won't listen to a word i say. She's convinced she can beat me (i do hsc this year and her next year) but she does some dodgy subjects, but then again so do i. People are most often too pig headed to actually listen to what other people, teachers and careers advisors included, have to say. Hell i didn't think i cared about a UAI till year 12 started.

rachael230

i know that everyone says that there are so many other options if you screw up your hsc. i dont know how true that is for other courses, but for the one i want, its complete BS. if u dont get a ridiculously high UAI, you have to do and extra 3 years at uni doing a course undergrad, then try to pay your way through postgrad. even to transfer after the first year requires a UAI really close to the one you needed to get in originally. and yes, i saw my careers advisor and got this depressing info.
has anyone else discovered this?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
rachael230 said:
i know that everyone says that there are so many other options if you screw up your hsc. i dont know how true that is for other courses, but for the one i want, its complete BS. if u dont get a ridiculously high UAI, you have to do and extra 3 years at uni doing a course undergrad, then try to pay your way through postgrad. even to transfer after the first year requires a UAI really close to the one you needed to get in originally. and yes, i saw my careers advisor and got this depressing info.
has anyone else discovered this?
It depends on what uni u go to

For example me, I want to do combined law now UNSW 99.15, USYD 99.6, UTS 97.15...However UWS 90, UOW 91

If I were to transfer into law @ Syd or NSW I would need a uai of 95 and distinction average

However if I transfered at UWS I would only need a credit average
There are many ways in...just do a lil digging :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)