who wants to be a lawyer (1 Viewer)

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
Me! I want to be a lawyer!! Family/Computer law hopefully.

Just need the 75 for UNE: BLaw/BCompSci

I love law/legal studies. I find it facisnating ... except the questions in my trial I absolutely FLOPPED in... Assessing the effectiveness of gradual reform in a modern society in regards to a) consumers (25 marks) and b) family (25 marks)... Ill be lucky to get 12 :(

But I dont let it get me down. I know where I want to be and Im not letting anything stop me... *strives forward with ambition*

m.c.moey

Purple's a fruit
HSC
lol.. I always wanted to be a lawyer up until a few months ago because i thought it would be boring etc.. or at least i convinced myself that was the reason.
I just visited the uac site and you can et into a b business/law with an 85 uai.. which is always what i wanted to do. This thread has inspired me and my old goal is now back on :D wihoooo thankyou all, especialy melsc

jessdoit

HSC
_BaadShah go back to primary school. It's 'thought' not 'fought'.
And whether or not you're stereotyping I don't think anyone really needs those kinds of comments or remarks. I'm sorry I just don't find it acceptable or necessary. I for one want to be a lawyer and I don't give a damn about what your statistics are saying. With organisation I'm positive any female is capable of juggling her personal life with her work life so you and your stats can get screwed.

Last edited:

lindataylor

HSC
so there is nothing wrong with going to UWS for law?
one of my friends told me that it is not as recognised in the legal profession as a graduate from USyd etc...
oh and i know law is a combined degree so does that mean you pretty much go to uni all the time? or do you have free time so you can work etc cos i'll be paying for my course by myself and would need to work to pay for uni...thats what i'm worried about, if it is too much work i may just do a normal degree first then get in as a graduate....what does everyone think????

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
hey melsc... hows it going with uni?.. happy to hear you've commenced the law program at UWS :D ... good stuff... in reponse to lindataylor... it doesnt realli mattr where u study... but there will b definitely a difference in the assessments assessed throughout the uni's... a Sydney Uni Assessment task on Law.. won't be the equivalent of one at UWS.. because of the "prestige" reputation of the law degree in that... it just makes gettin the law degree harder.. but when u've got the degree... it's realli objective in the way you view things i.e. what your employer is after etc... or if you have a contact alreadi and they are waiting for you to just finish ur degree.. then that whole ideal of studying at UWS or wahtever goes unheeded...

good luck to all in the HSC :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Heya Mr. Sabuncuoglu, I am at uni at the moment over at Bankstown working on a crappy social science assignment. I just finished a law one recently actually that some of you aspiring lawyers would just love, we just did a bail application in the moot court, dressed up in suits and all. Good luck for all you HSC kiddies I know you'll all do great (if the answers in the Legal forum are anything to go by) and I hope to see you in a law program somewhere, I might even see some of you around :) Don't stress, balance study and fun and remeber it will all be over before you know it.

I'm here to help if you need it :)
Melsc

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
My question is why are you doing criminology at all? Its not very well respected at all.... WHY? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF?
also... social science isn't a science.... its a bunch of waffle. I know because I am all knowing.
In all seriousness though...
kids, if you want to do law... go somewhere you'll be happy or as close to it because in the end you gain the ability to practice law. How you go after that depends on your own work ethic and attitude. Uni gives you the ability to skill up, it doesnt do much more than that.
FOR GODS SAKE DONT DO CRIMINOLOGY THOUGH!
Most people see it as a pointless pursuit but please, prove me wrong :D

EDIT:
confirmed. criminology is waffle that you should learn in straight law and in philosophy, if any of you decide to do it.
just DONT study it. waffle waffle waffle.

Last edited:

lindataylor

HSC
well i've put in my applications for uni and put in a few law choices, hope i get in, but i was wondering what other options there are for employment with a law degree, i know there is the obvious being a lawyer and working in the courts but what else can you do with a law degree?
(i chose business and law together)
the only options i can think of are just advising people on what to do to not get in trouble?
what do you guys think?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)