Who thinks they stuffed up already? (1 Viewer)

eat_well

HSC
Most people should have had their first few assessments already so..who thinks they didn't do as well as they expected?
I know I screwed up my physics examination even though it was dead easy. Even thought the exam was only worth 15% of my total assessment I think I want to drop physics already (yes it was THAT bad).

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I've just handed in my first english assignment..got 3 tests this week :| You probably didn't do as bad as you though, your teacher might mark you easier anyway, and its only 15% so if you like physics, don't give up on it yet. You've still got the whole rest of the time until the HSC to get some marks back.

lusiv

HSC
I stuffed up a 2 of my assignments but we have the rest of the year to go so yeah.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Even though you think you have stuffed up, you can always get up. Do not lose hope young warlocks.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You can still come back. Take me as an example:

This year(year 10 science), a girl beat me in the first assessment by 9%, then in the 2nd assessment by 8%. So evidently she was pretty far ahead of me. But I ended up topping science by the end of the year because I went very good in the 3rd and 4th assessments.

It is possible, just learn from your mistakes and do your best.

Galladrim

HSC
You've got another 85% to go my friend. Focus on that, and take it one step at a time.

I completely blew my first Ancient task, and ended up coming second by the smallest of margins.

lusiv

HSC
You've got another 85% to go my friend. Focus on that, and take it one step at a time.

I completely blew my first Ancient task, and ended up coming second by the smallest of margins.
Good job Galladrim :)

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
50% of the HSC comes from the final exam so this assessment only counted for 7.5% of your total. Choosing to drop the subject based on one disappointing result reveals a defeatist attitude. Don't bother.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Was coming =14th/27 in the first year 12 bio assessment, finished 3rd/26.
In English I was coming =25th/102 after half yearlies, finished 9th/102.
Just do better in the next ones. :p

LouisaCar

HSC
Was coming =14th/27 in the first year 12 bio assessment, finished 3rd/26.
In English I was coming =25th/102 after half yearlies, finished 9th/102.
Just do better in the next ones. :p
What mark did you get in the first and then what kind of marks did you get to recover?

viraj30

HSC
i got 29/30 for my chem prac...but three people got 30/30..is that good or bad??

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
i got 29/30 for my chem prac...but three people got 30/30..is that good or bad??
If you got 29/30 then screw the other people, thats a fantastic mark! again, its only one assignment so if your worried about that 1 mark, don't be because you'll make it up in no time.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
It's only going to be a very small difference... it's only your first assessment, and there is PLENTY of time left to recoup those marks. Don't fret over 1 mark. I got 29/30 in my first economics assessment task last year during the HSC, and 5 people got 30/30. It was worth 10%. I ended up being ranked 1st at a selective school, ahead of 2nd by 4%. And ultimately came 3rd in the state in Economics too. If I had the same attitude as you thinking that getting 1 mark less than people in the first assessment was bad, who knows where I would have ended up. You need to be realistic and realise that it's not until the very last assessment (most often the trials) that the ranks are decided. People can come up out of nowhere and make up heaps of ground, while others who appeared stable in a top rank have a sudden fall. Just focus on doing your best and you'll achieve what you set out to achieve! Good luck. :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I think I shot myself somewhat leaving to do my EE2 proposal the day before. Fingers crossed for a miracle guys.

I think I won't be doing 13 units much longer-it's too crazy.

eat_well

HSC
I'm currently doing 13 units as well and it's absolutely insane!! I don't understand how some people out there can handle 14 or even 16 units.
The problem is that I have no idea what subject to drop so I have to keep powering through these assessments and see what marks I will eventually get :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)