Who thinks they are going to get 99+? (1 Viewer)

riots

HSC
N/A
Mmm, I look forward to seeing someone from St. Gregory's on the list, then. It's good to see you have confidence in your classmates, btw.

Oh, and to contribute to the thread: I will probably get high 98s, maybe will be able to push it to low 99s.

Last edited:

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Mmm, I look forward to seeing someone from St. Gregory's on the list, then. It's good to see you have confidence in your classmates, btw.
Oh, and to contribute to the thread: I will probably get high 98s, maybe will be able to push it to low 99s.
We've been on the list for the last 5 years or so... Awkward...

Just remembered: We got two state rankers last year.

Last edited:

K4M1N3

HSC
With MC the answer is even given as an option so he should be able to pick it out immediately, right?
Well tbh that is not always true. As an example i got 88% in my Physics trial (which i lost 8 marks in MC) and 91% in my Chemistry trial (which i lost 5 marks in MC)
I always fuck up between the two close answers, and end up picking the one that is 'Not as correct'
Btw, my school ranked 180ish, is notorious for dishing out fucking hard MC.

dionb2014

HSC
I don't see what the big deal about 99 is. As long as you get into your course :).
Some universities won't accept you for any course without 98+. Yeah sure all it is useful for is getting into your desired course but you can't deny the elatedness you'd feel when you see the result is 99.95. Really a sense of completion to know all your work has amounted to the highest of possibilities.

engie_benji

HSC
im gunna be the odd one who isnt aiming 90's. Im hoping around 85, anything better is a bonus
School about 310, ranks are pretty good

PDHPE 1/14
Senior Science 1/10
Geography 1/12
General Math 6/40
Adv english 12/26

HKK

HSC
I just want above 70 -_-

Hate going to a school in Mount Druitt -_-

eshayyz

HSC
hoping for a 90+

3/18 advanced english, marks about 80
1/20 gen maths, marks 92
1/35 senior science, marks 83
1/11 legal studies, marks 85
3/10 music 1, mark 93
1/4 food tech, marks 88

can someone tell me based on my ranks and internal marks where im at hopefully:)

jamesfirst

HSC
Some universities won't accept you for any course without 98+. Yeah sure all it is useful for is getting into your desired course but you can't deny the elatedness you'd feel when you see the result is 99.95. Really a sense of completion to know all your work has amounted to the highest of possibilities.
And which uni is this ?? lol.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Did 4u maths accelrated last year with

Ext 2- 96
Ext 1- 97

Advanced English got 92 in my trial (rank 1st/85ish)
Ext 1 English got 46/50 (Raw, don't know scaled) (rank 1st out of 30ish)
Ext 2 English Raw marks were 47/50 at school rank 3rd out of 17
Physics 92 (rank 2/40ish)
CHem 88 (rank 5/37)

I think i have a chance

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Did 4u maths accelrated last year with

Ext 2- 96
Ext 1- 97

Advanced English got 92 in my trial (rank 1st/85ish)
Ext 1 English got 46/50 (Raw, don't know scaled) (rank 1st out of 30ish)
Ext 2 English Raw marks were 47/50 at school rank 3rd out of 17
Physics 92 (rank 2/40ish)
CHem 88 (rank 5/37)

I think i have a chance
lol.

benkelly

HSC
You all need to get a grip. Not all of you can get 99+ because first of all it's statiscally impossible... the scores need to be distributed evenly. Secondly, no one gets that high unless they do the crazy subjects like Latin and Ext 2 English Extension history... fricken Classical Greek Continuers. It's insane and pretty stupid to aim for perfection because chances are you WILL be disappointed.

On a lighter note, a suggest you aim for something a little more achievable like 90 or even 85+... that way if you get higher you'll be over the moon because you achieved better, rather then going into some depressive state because you got 97 instead of 99.7 :)

D94

HSC
N/A
You all need to get a grip. Not all of you can get 99+ because first of all it's statiscally impossible... the scores need to be distributed evenly. Secondly, no one gets that high unless they do the crazy subjects like Latin and Ext 2 English Extension history... fricken Classical Greek Continuers. It's insane and pretty stupid to aim for perfection because chances are you WILL be disappointed.

On a lighter note, a suggest you aim for something a little more achievable like 90 or even 85+... that way if you get higher you'll be over the moon because you achieved better, rather then going into some depressive state because you got 97 instead of 99.7 :)
It is statistically possible. There were 945 people who achieved 99+. You can achieve 99+ without Languages and Extension subjects.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Everyone has different aims for various reasons, and FYI, you dont need to do crazy subjects like Extension 2 English/Extension History or Languages (not many people do those subjects anyway).

Around 1k people get 99+ so it's possible, just requires you to do really well over the course of the year along with final exams, with whichever subject you may have.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Secondly, no one gets that high unless they do the crazy subjects like Latin and Ext 2 English Extension history... fricken Classical Greek Continuers. It's insane and pretty stupid to aim for perfection because chances are you WILL be disappointed.
Extension 2 English and Extension History aren't incredibly high scaling subjects, they do scale good but not like Maths extension 2. Plenty of people (i would say a considerable percent of people getting 99.95) get 99.95 with 4 unit maths, Chemistry, Physics and Advanced English. 99+ itself is possible with a lot of subject combinations as long as you do very well.

Im just stating facts btw, im only aiming for 90+ myself and even then id be really happy with high 80s.

suling

HSC

I did Food Tech. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)