Who thinks they are going to get 99+? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
the one's for sure who will get 99+ -> destinyliang and khfreakau. in fact, destinyliang, I want you to get 99.90. no higher, no lower. Just so you will come over to UNSW :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
ALSTAH FTW!! He has worked hard and plus he helps alot of people such as myself. A man of integrity and hard-work!!! 99+!!

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure khorne was gonna 99, but then he died...not even a 99 could save him from the red dot in life.

R.I.P m8
it still saddens me :(

the thought that keeps playing over and over again in my mind is that if he'd gotten on in the car just a minute later then he'd still be here, acing these exams that he'd worked so hard for

i found it really sweet and touching that they left an empty seat for him in the exam room

r.i.p.

herbs1

HSC
it still saddens me :(

the thought that keeps playing over and over again in my mind is that if he'd gotten on in the car just a minute later then he'd still be here, acing these exams that he'd worked so hard for

i found it really sweet and touching that they left an empty seat for him in the exam room

r.i.p.
dai even laided 0ut a belonging paper 4 him...belong to the grave son, the place of places.

michaeljennings

HSC
yes mate always pick it. My girlfriend ranked 50th for 3u in yr 11 and our school (ranked 4th) accepts 100 people into ext 2 but she didnt wanna do maths ext 2, she would get 99.95 for sure if she had done maths ext 2. It boosts like your atar so much
Pretty sure i wouldnt have done well in ext2 maths.
-michaeljenningsgirlfriend.

HSC
Why you all so smart for? D:

Def won't get 99+, ranks are in my signature. But I hopefully will get 90+.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Since I'm not going to get 99+, I'll post my friend who is' ranks:

English (Advanced) - 1/18
English Extension One - 1/3
Studies of Religion One - 1/48ish
Biology - 1/26
Economics - 1/20ish
Chemistry - =1/10
Mathematics - 3/27ish

I reckon he'll get 99+ because he's been our DUX since like year 7 and he's crazy smart (except in maths).
He'll probably get:
English - 94-95
EE1 - 46-47
SOR1 - 48
Biology - 97-99
Economics - 96-98
Chemistry -
Mathematics - 88-92

Which gives him an ATAR of around 99.7 - 99.95
Fuck... I just realised I told him not to apply for USyd MBBS because they only take 99.95ers.

khfreakau

HSC
^school rank? even if he's first in most subs doesn't mean he's going to get marks THAAAAT high.. like he could, but he'd have to be pretty extreme, and if your school isn't ranked too high you don't know how good the top people at other schools are.

herbs1

HSC
Since I'm not going to get 99+, I'll post my friend who is' ranks:

English (Advanced) - 1/18
English Extension One - 1/3
Studies of Religion One - 1/48ish
Biology - 1/26
Economics - 1/20ish
Chemistry - =1/10
Mathematics - 3/27ish

I reckon he'll get 99+ because he's been our DUX since like year 7 and he's crazy smart (except in maths).
He'll probably get:
English - 94-95
EE1 - 46-47
SOR1 - 48
Biology - 97-99
Economics - 96-98
Chemistry -
Mathematics - 88-92

Which gives him an ATAR of around 99.7 - 99.95
Fuck... I just realised I told him not to apply for USyd MBBS because they only take 99.95ers.
Considering 97 is eco state rank, I don't think he'll get those marks, or 99.95

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
^school rank? even if he's first in most subs doesn't mean he's going to get marks THAAAAT high.. like he could, but he'd have to be pretty extreme, and if your school isn't ranked too high you don't know how good the top people at other schools are.
A kid at our school averaged 89% in Bio and got 88% in the trial and got 94.
My friend is averaging 94% and got 96% in the trial, and got 3 wrong in MC and didn't put a heading on something. Pretty sure he'll state rank.

Considering 97 is eco state rank, I don't think he'll get those marks, or 99.95
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to state rank, that's why I'm saying he'll get that high.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't see what the big deal about 99 is. As long as you get into your course :).

khfreakau

HSC
A kid at our school averaged 89% in Bio and got 88% in the trial and got 94.
My friend is averaging 94% and got 96% in the trial, and got 3 wrong in MC and didn't put a heading on something. Pretty sure he'll state rank.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to state rank, that's why I'm saying he'll get that high.
let us know if he does; i'd be curious to see. and just being sure doesn't mean anything. a dude at our school in 09 averaged mid-ish 90s for all his sciences, and state ranked all three. in our grade there's a dude who got one wrong only in every phys assessment - we all think he'll state rank, but in the end it's up to how him and the rest of the state goes. it's much harder to say how good someone is in smaller cohorts - although i have doubts about how strict your school marks if he got 3 wrong in mc and gunned everything else - this implies gaps in understanding.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
let us know if he does; i'd be curious to see. and just being sure doesn't mean anything. a dude at our school in 09 averaged mid-ish 90s for all his sciences, and state ranked all three. in our grade there's a dude who got one wrong only in every phys assessment - we all think he'll state rank, but in the end it's up to how him and the rest of the state goes. it's much harder to say how good someone is in smaller cohorts - although i have doubts about how strict your school marks if he got 3 wrong in mc and gunned everything else - this implies gaps in understanding.
Nah, he's always sucked at MC. He knows everything, he's just shit at MC. He can write out the whole course and extra and elaborate and stuff, he just sucks at MC. lol.
Yeah, it's pretty bad that his best two subjects that he had a chance at state ranking in are on the same day though. I think that might fuck him up a fair bit. :/

riots

HSC
N/A
I'm very keen on knowing what your school rank is. It doesn't make sense for someone to be able to 'write out the whole course' but still lose the easiest marks in the entire paper. With MC the answer is even given as an option so he should be able to pick it out immediately, right?

I get the feeling that your school, like khfreakau suggested, has a relatively lax marking scheme.

Last edited:

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I'm very keen on knowing what your school rank is. It doesn't make sense for someone to be able to 'write out the whole course' but still lose the easiest marks in the entire paper. With MC the answer is even given as an option so he should be able to pick it our immediately, right?
I get the feeling that your school, like khfreakau suggested, has a relatively lax marking scheme.
My school was ranked 138 last year, and Biology is anything but lax at my school.
We got 4 band 6s last year and their internal marks were like 82%, 84%, 85%, 87% or some shit. They weren't very high at all because Miss only likes to give marks where people REALLY deserve them.
My friend also does poorly in Chemistry MC, getting around 16/20, whereas I get 18-20, but he beats me on the rest of the paper. It's mostly because he's a very prolific writer as well, and I'm not great at expressing myself concisely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)