Who is ready for yr 11? (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
no more English multiple choice is the best bit about your english exams.

oh god.. I hate Multiple choice. it's so stupid. It's good for the retarded.

but I think for your year, you guys have multiple choice in your Maths syllabuses. How that sucks! I'm glad I'm doing the "old" maths syllabus

mirakon

nigga
HSC
but I think for your year, you guys have multiple choice in your Maths syllabuses. How that sucks! I'm glad I'm doing the "old" maths syllabus<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN>
Are you serious? Dammit, multiple choice is like the only thing I ever lose marks in.

I mean if you get a multiple choice question such as what perspective is in this text or what is this text about, you can really justify more than one of the answers if you wanted to sometimes, but in multiple choice it becomes a case of 'whatever the test organiser first thought of as the right answer'. Then it becomes a case of guessing, not intelligence.

I don't mean to offend you, but I hope you're wrong, ninetypercent.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Getting closer to becoming year 12ers. Then my fellows 12ers and I will rule the school, overlord style :p

silence--

HSC
yeah the thing about maths multiple choice is true for the new syllabus, but idk if it's for our year or the year after.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Are you serious? Dammit, multiple choice is like the only thing I ever lose marks in.

I mean if you get a multiple choice question such as what perspective is in this text or what is this text about, you can really justify more than one of the answers if you wanted to sometimes, but in multiple choice it becomes a case of 'whatever the test organiser first thought of as the right answer'. Then it becomes a case of guessing, not intelligence.

I don't mean to offend you, but I hope you're wrong, ninetypercent.
what he said

silence;;4624673 said:
yeah the thing about maths multiple choice is true for the new syllabus, but idk if it's for our year or the year after.
I think they changed it to 2012.. so u guys should be fine. lucky :p

breka

HSC
simply put... no ... i know the work load changes massively!

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I really can't wait to completely drop Geography, PDHPE, Modern Australian History (Woot Ancient History!) and my close-to-useless electives (IST, Chinese and Graphics, although I liked graphics :()

Doing all three sciences as seperate subjects is going to be awesome as well!! I'm already studying a bit of it from a textbook.

So yeah, I hope I'm ready because I seriously can't wait!

FTW

HSC
My Geography teacher agrees with me that Stage 5 Geo is dry (although she says some topics such as 'Australia in its Regional and Global Contexts are interesting)..

So people do have a right to dislike the subject.

I hated year 9 Geo, but enjoyed year 10. My teacher assures me that Stage 6 Geo is nothing like 7-10 and is much more interesting and challenging so I'm looking forward to it.. Hopefully she wasn't lying.
Same here, I didn't exactly like the stage 5 "Australian" geography, neither did my teacher, but I'm looking forward to more broad concepts in year 11+12. :)

HSC
How many of you are doing 3 sciences? Havent really come across many who are. I am :)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
On topic,
Ready as I ever will be for some subjects but for others, HELL NO! haha
Excited about free periods and no GEOGRAPHY though!

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
How many of you are doing 3 sciences? Havent really come across many who are. I am :)
People say that I won't be able to handle it ._.

But really, Science is my favourite subject which was why I picked all three of them.

HSC
New subjects, more freedom. No more geography, australian history, PE or commerce.
Looks pretty good to me: I'm heaps excited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)