Who is afraid they won't get their subjects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Okay. I've received the lines a few days ago. I got 5 out of 6 of the subjects I originally wanted. I'm left with line 4. I don't know what to choose. Options are:
IPT
PDHPE
Food technology
Business Studies
VET Hospitality
Video Production
Sport, Life, Recreation

Which one should I choose? I already have 4 demanding subjects plus english. I want an easy going subject. Food technology is predicted to not go on. What should I pick? Any opinions?
my god thats a bad line!!
id go with PDHPE

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
well, we have initial surveys and then we have choice from lines

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
my god thats a bad line!!
id go with PDHPE
I'd go with that except it apparently is a demanding subject. Rumours are there are 5 essays a week. LOL. I think they are only rumours but who knows? Anyways my subjects from that line were.
Preference 1: Food tech
2: IPT
3: Ancient History.

HSC
I'd go with that except it apparently is a demanding subject. Rumours are there are 5 essays a week. LOL. I think they are only rumours but who knows? Anyways my subjects from that line were.
Preference 1: Food tech
2: IPT
3: Ancient History.
haha yeah well its not all fun & games i know that much.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
At schools that have 'lines' (like my own) the subjects that usually clash are sciences and humanities.... or a lot of the lower scaling subjects... try to avoid choosing a mix of sciences and humanities... they will almost always clash and you'll be disappointed (but then again, no harm in trying).

hope_williams

HSC
I would choose business studies or IPT-- but of your choices, that is so dodgy! What the hell are half of those subjects anyway?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I would choose business studies or IPT-- but of your choices, that is so dodgy! What the hell are half of those subjects anyway?
Vet courses and category C subjects that don't count to the HSC so it's pointless.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Okay. I've received the lines a few days ago. I got 5 out of 6 of the subjects I originally wanted. I'm left with line 4. I don't know what to choose. Options are:
IPT
PDHPE
Food technology
Business Studies
VET Hospitality
Video Production
Sport, Life, Recreation

Which one should I choose? I already have 4 demanding subjects plus english. I want an easy going subject. Food technology is predicted to not go on. What should I pick? Any opinions?
I highly recommend IPT.
Got Band 6 easily.

de__locke

HSC
My school doesn't have lines or anything. Pick whichever subjects you want and you know you'll get them, but we don't have many subjects to choose.

Brontecat

HSC
Vet courses and category C subjects that don't count to the HSC so it's pointless.
ALL subjects count towards your HSC, however only Category A and ONE Category B (VET courses) can contribute towards your ATAR/UAI

If you want a VET course to count towards your ATAR you elect to sit an external examination as part of your HSC and, if it is one of your best 10 units, it will count towards your ATAR

So in summary, if u want an ATAR only do ONE vet course :D

zando6

HSC
omg you guys have already got to choose ur subjects...
mine is in like 6 weeks

i think my school just lets you choose whatever you want so long as it has more than 4 ppl per class

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
omg you guys have already got to choose ur subjects...
mine is in like 6 weeks

i think my school just lets you choose whatever you want so long as it has more than 4 ppl per class

We have conditions. Like science subjects and math don't have a minimum. Some need at least 10 and some need at least 15.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
At schools that have 'lines' (like my own) the subjects that usually clash are sciences and humanities.... or a lot of the lower scaling subjects... try to avoid choosing a mix of sciences and humanities... they will almost always clash and you'll be disappointed (but then again, no harm in trying).
ah yes, at our school
chem and legal studies clashes
physics and modern history clashes
biology and economics clashes
chem and sor2 clashes

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
ah yes, at our school
chem and legal studies clashes
physics and modern history clashes
biology and economics clashes
chem and sor2 clashes
Just like my school. If only they had modern history in a different line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)