who here works two jobs? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i ticked the 'second box' job on my application thing when i started my job like two years ago, 'cause i was being a lazy student and getting centrelink at the time. i'm too lazy to change it and so i get taxed to the absolute shithouse, but if you end up paying too much tax you get it back through your refund anyway (mine was like $5000 last year iirc)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I do though in the same industry. Agreed, tax is a joke.

One would think the government would look more favourably on the fact we are working more. Dole bludgers have it easier...

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm working at a brokerage company during the week and at Target on weekends.

Ahhh, the joys of saving up and working my ass off so I can move to Brisbane next year for uni.

Oh, and I HATE TAX.

Kylargh

HSC
I used to work 2 jobs while I was saving to go overseas. I worked 7 days a week and it worked out to be about 80+ hours a week. It was so physically demanding. But worth it. I didn't really get taxed that much I don't think.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
wtf @ 80hrs per week... 160hrs per fortnight!!!

over the christmas/new years period, I worked 110hrs that fortnight, and I was so so exhausted

how much did you end up earning that year, if you don't mind me asking

and also, do you study? or just work?

chensta

HSC
N/A
A few years back during christmas season, I worked for a christmas tree company and clocked something like 18 hours per day regularly for 2 months, I needed the money and I was willing to work for it =) (for these wondering how you can do 16 hours of work, try working at the shop 9-6, then when that closes, going around shopping centers putting up these damn huge christmas trees, which can only be done when the center closes at like midnight, and finish in the wee hours of the morning!)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
oh wow. how much did you end up getting in the end?

anyone still keeping 2 jobs now that school/uni has started?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)