who here works two jobs? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I do, but my 2 bosses are sisters, so they can work out my rosters together and if boss 2 needs someone to work, then boss 1 will cancel my shift at job 1 and let boss 2 to roster me on at job 2...

if this wasn't the case, I probably wouldn't do it. I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard otherwise.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
At BigW they tax me $0 for some reason...and Im a 20hours per week part timer...dont know how that works...but more money for me

It can get very hard sometimes working for two Department stores, not easy when they clash!

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
you should get that changed - it's better to claim the money back that pay it to the ATO imho

I really want to get two jobs, to fill in the times I'm not working at my current job...

so far the only luck I've had is a full-time position, not sure if that'd work out well

HSC
I work 2 jobs too, Big W and as an AIN at a hospital. Works out well i work 5 shifts a week at big w (not full days though) and i can pick how many shifts i want at the hospital on a weekly basis, but its usually 2-3 shifts as an AIN. Keeps me busy for now

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
I work 2 jobs too, Big W and as an AIN at a hospital. Works out well i work 5 shifts a week at big w (not full days though) and i can pick how many shifts i want at the hospital on a weekly basis, but its usually 2-3 shifts as an AIN. Keeps me busy for now
Just out of curiosity, how much $ are you raking in each week?

At the moment, I'm getting approx $400 for 20hrs a week. I'm looking for a second job to try and get closer to $700 a week.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I work at a surf shop primarily and do promo work in my time off...the promo work I do is through my ABN though, instead of a TFN. It can be annoying when my shifts clash with a job, but workable.

morganjane

HSC
I work two jobs but i dont earn over $6000 a year, and i havent been taxed, even though i've been working for three and a half years...
But i find it interesting.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
:\ you work 2 jobs, but youre earning less than 6k? sounds harsh

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
Just out of curiosity, how much $ are you raking in each week?

At the moment, I'm getting approx $400 for 20hrs a week. I'm looking for a second job to try and get closer to $700 a week.
Well depends on how much i work i.e. hours. As i can pick my own shifts at the hosp i sometimes only work every 2nd week cause its busy during xmas in retail. But yea roughly if i work each week its around $600-700, maybe a bit more cause i do night shifts which are paid more (hospital).

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
oh wow and you do this ontop of fulltime study? very impressive!
Well i just started the 2nd job (hospital) in October, and during exam periods i always take time off Big W, its just been my habit throughout school and now uni, hence ive managed to keep up a distinction average at uni :)

But when uni comes back around (studying fulltime yes) ill keep doing roughly 15-20hrs a week at big w plus 16-24hrs at the hospital depending on my uni schedule with assessments etc.

Still its earns me a decent wage for now :D I dont complain, just when i actually have to do the work lol

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Was doing two jobs... tutoring (hardly tutoring, lol, teaching multiplication/division/comprehension/spelling to a yr 4 kid and a yr 6 kid whose mother felt like chucking around money) & working at woolies. Quit the tutoring job at the start of 2008.

HSC
I do 15-16hrs per week but depends if i go to lecs, but either way i have to do extra work out of hours so it all works out. My big w hours are only a few each day as i do recovery and with the hospital itll be only 2 or maybe 3 8hrs shifts which arent that gruelling depending on the pt im assigned. We'll see how it goes in a few months time lol

The nursing course is going well, im really enjoying it going into my last yr and all, and UTS is great!

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
I've hopped on the bandwagon.

Not sure how I'll sort out my rosters now.

I'll be working 40hrs a week. Raking in $1.5k+ yahoo! :)

bethxx

HSC
N/A
I'm goin to work for 2 jobs and am freakin out of how to sort the rosters. The 2nd job will begin on the 19 and its Gloria Jeans. Will they give you many shifts if u r new? I heard the max is 2 shifts per week and they call this probationary period or smth where they see how well u work and all that. Is that true?

How do you work out 40hrs/week btw? Do u do 2 jobs on some of the days and do u take weekends off? I cant imagine workin for the whole week or just a one day off cos i still need social life too..

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
gloria jeans is so shit. the pay is atrocious.

they expect too much from staff, for too little money.

they usually give you 2-3 shifts to start with, about 4 hours each, and they'll make you clean the floors and give you shit times (like closing/opening)

what's your other job?

i'm just starting the 2nd job next week, and i'm having a difficult time balancing the rosters already. thankfully, my current job is very understanding and i'm going to try and get on the 'good side' of the new job before i start requesting specific time slots.

also, i do very early shifts and finish in the afternoon, go out at night, repeat. i guess that's how you keep your social life. but i'm planning to stack the shifts upon each other soon so i can get a few days off a week.

Bekhit

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
gloria jeans is so shit. the pay is atrocious.

they expect too much from staff, for too little money.

they usually give you 2-3 shifts to start with, about 4 hours each, and they'll make you clean the floors and give you shit times (like closing/opening)

what's your other job?

i'm just starting the 2nd job next week, and i'm having a difficult time balancing the rosters already. thankfully, my current job is very understanding and i'm going to try and get on the 'good side' of the new job before i start requesting specific time slots.

also, i do very early shifts and finish in the afternoon, go out at night, repeat. i guess that's how you keep your social life. but i'm planning to stack the shifts upon each other soon so i can get a few days off a week.
where do u work??
1.5 k is pretty good u eva get paid alot or u work heaps lol.i fink da latter, 40 hours a week dats like premanent hours

HSC
Goodluck with the rostering guys! In regards to going out Bethxx i work 2 jobs and i have 2 days off per week but cause some of my shifts are nights my days are eaten away by sleep, but i dont mind cause i go out during the nights anyways, and my other long term casual job i do nights so i have my days off there, so it works out.

Just try and find a balance :)

bethxx

HSC
N/A
My other job besides gloria is kmart. which do u reckon is worse? I've been workin too long as cash register and gettin sick of it (previous job was cashier too) and at kmart is hectic cos they usually scans out different from the tags they put on the store and they even din have it on the catalogue! I havent got shit hours before so i dunno which scenario is better lol. Yeah gloria pays quite small tho im suprised. Whats the average pay anyway for a 18 yer old?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)