Who hates group work? (1 Viewer)

studentcheese

HSC
ME!!!!!!!! I hate group work! It's time consuming, stressful and annoying! :mad:

Firstly, group work doesn't allow some individuals to express their ideas freely. Secondly, group work is time consuming because the group has to meet together to do the work. Thirdly, depending on the people you are placed with, some students may attempt the assignment at the last minute! Others may make you do all the work for them :evilfire:

e.g. Once we did a History group assignment and this girl in my group didn't do her part at all!!!!!!!! I always get really low marks in group work :mad:
Hopefully, the actual assessments in Year 12 won't require any group work at all!!!!!!!!!! INDIVIDUAL WORK IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Discuss. Do you like group work?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Group work is good when you're not surrounded by douches. I found up to year 10, students didnt give a shit and group work was awful. When it came to yr 11 and 12, the lebs were culled from the system and group work became pleasurable. Still, things go crap even with one idiot in the group. Not everyone does their fair share of work, and theres communication problems b/w social retards.

fully223

HSC
Calm it down. if you have a problem with the people in your group go to ur teacher and explain them. Group work can be great if your working with people that want to work. Some Assessments for Yr11/12 do require group work. eg i have a group task for legal atm

Brontecat

HSC
ME!!!!!!!! I hate group work! It's time consuming, stressful and annoying! :mad:

Firstly, group work doesn't allow some individuals to express their ideas freely. Secondly, group work is time consuming because the group has to meet together to do the work. Thirdly, depending on the people you are placed with, some students may attempt the assignment at the last minute! Others may make you do all the work for them :evilfire:

e.g. Once we did a History group assignment and this girl in my group didn't do her part at all!!!!!!!! I always get really low marks in group work :mad:
Hopefully, the actual assessments in Year 12 won't require any group work at all!!!!!!!!!! INDIVIDUAL WORK IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Discuss. Do you like group work?

i have the opposite problem, i always get high marks in group work because i carry the team when i do nothing so that i can get a decent mark

lindax

HSC
Im sick of group work..... i seriously think im crused with it i always happen to get the worst ppl, GRRRRRRRR

kara42

HSC
I love group work.
My group assignments have always been with lovely people who left me to do all the work though.

Once we had this massive assignment where we had to organise an athletics carnival.
There was me and three others including a really smart girl, a dumbass slacker, and one of my best friends.

The slacker did nothing, the smart girl did a little bit and my best friend did shit all.
I had to do most of it but I covered for the best friend and said she did half. DUMBASS.

That same best friend was in another one with me, and another best friend.
This time we had to make a video. Best friend #2 and I did it all and covered for #1 by saying she filmed it.

I need better friends. :)

Last edited:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I love group work.
My group assignments have always been with fuckwits who left me to do all the work though.

Once we had this massive assignment where we had to organise an athletics carnival.
There was me and three others including a really smart girl, a dumbass slacker, and one of my best friends.

The slacker did nothing, the smart girl did a little bit and my best friend did shit all.
I had to do most of it but I covered for the best friend and said she did half. DUMBASS.

That same best friend was in another one with me, and another best friend.
This time we had to make a video. Best friend #2 and I did it all and covered for #1 by saying she filmed it.

I need better friends. :)
awww :eek: ... :(

studentcheese

HSC
the ability to work in groups is important for many jobs
... as long as the people actually do something. ;)

lol

your signature and opinion are contradictory lol haha

don't doctors have to work in groups ?
:D:D:D
ohh yes... or I could set up my own little medical centre where I work by myself :D

nicole4591

HSC
group work is annoying :shouting: its time consuming and usually with people who dont give a shit about doing the work. individual work is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
You'll experience the whole drama of group work at uni. The assignments are worth much more then ;)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Group work's always a bitch if you have a high proportion of slackers in your class who are doomed to let you down. If you can work with the people you want to, it can sometimes be rewarding and it may be slightly (for want of a better word) enjoyable, but at the same time you run the risk of just chatting and leaving everything too late.

I only did one group assignment in year 11. Ultimately, it really depends on your subjects though. Mine was for Biology. For year 12 though, I've done none. The only thing that came close was a prac assessment in Bio, but we had to write up everything on our own so we got different marks anyway. I think for year 12, since the purpose of assessments is to establish some sort of rank within the class, most of your teachers should try to avoid group ASSESSMENTS unless it's absolutely necessary. You're still likely to have group class activities though (again, depending on your subjects) but who cares if you're not marked on them.

And yeah, most people have to get used to working in a group so that they're prepared for the workplace, but the difference is if someone doesn't pull their weight at work they run the very possible risk of losing their job. Generally, the same can't be said for a school subject.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
i don't like group work too. Often ends up in a gossip session, and then one person from the group just crams everything the night before.
so true. Haven t had group assessment in ages, but i think i due for one this week for eco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)