Which uni has the best teaching? (1 Viewer)

kewell101

HSC
N/A
How are tutorials like? What do you do in them? How often do you have them?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kewell101
How are tutorials like? What do you do in them? How often do you have them?
Tutorials are more like classes u have at school...for my degree, I have one 1hour tutorial a week for each subject
basically u go thru the week's tutorial homework, ask questions and thats it

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
You know, I admire kewell's pursuit of knowledge.

My questions were something like: which uni has the best bar? which uni has the best social scene? which uni has the hottest guys? where can I get away with doing the least amount of work possible?

Now I'm six months in and I'm still hazy about the whole 'studying' concept...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell me about your lecturers
some cant speak english
some are low talkers
some are happy 'all' the time
some try to be funny
some are assholes
oh, and some are quite good

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
some cant speak english
some are low talkers
some are happy 'all' the time
some try to be funny
some are assholes
Add "some shout" and "some are REALLY boring" ...

yoshi

some try to be funny
That's a good thing though, even if they aren't funny, they try to entertain the student. It shows that they actually give a shit about teaching -- unlike some who enjoy talking loudly when reading directly off lecture notes, and then mutter under their breath when explaining anything.

The joys of a non-competitive teaching environment! huzzah

T

timbk2

what you should be doing is reading through the outlines and "reading ahead", so you have a brief idea about what the lecture is gonna be about, so you can ask questions and stuff. But you'll soon realise after 2 lectures or so, that you simply wont have the time to do this for every subject that you have.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by timbk2
what you should be doing is reading through the outlines and "reading ahead", so you have a brief idea about what the lecture is gonna be about, so you can ask questions and stuff. But you'll soon realise after 2 lectures or so, that you simply wont have the time to do this for every subject that you have.
thats so true
its not like high school where u can always be ahead in every subject...more often than not you'll be behind

kini mini

HSC
thats so true
its not like high school where u can always be ahead in every subject...more often than not you'll be behind
I think there's time to keep up, but that would be at the expense of something else :). I prepared religiously for the first few weeks of last semester. Anyway, I was usually behind in 4u maths so it's not a new feeling for me :p.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
How should you prepare for tutorials?
Do the questions assigned for that tutorial, and bring along any problems you had with them. Of course this differs among subjects ...

mp3mojo

Just a question, was there anyone who was actually up to date for every subject they had in this semester (lik all the time)?

i dunno cos sumhow with me, i try to keep up with 1 subject then the other 3 fall behind then i try to fix another subject & the other 3 fall behind.... this happened until the semester was over.... so terrible

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
Just a question, was there anyone who was actually up to date for every subject they had in this semester (lik all the time)?

i dunno cos sumhow with me, i try to keep up with 1 subject then the other 3 fall behind then i try to fix another subject & the other 3 fall behind.... this happened until the semester was over.... so terrible
I could have been but was far too lazy, I was up-to-date with everything except accounting because I just found it far too boring to work at. I had to do some assignments in bursts a couple of weeks before they were due instead of starting a month or two earlier :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)