Which uni has the best teaching? (1 Viewer)

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Hi!

Which uni has the best teaching? The best lecturers?

Thanks

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Commece? Law? Science? Arts?

All of them...and teaching in general

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Any faculty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kewell101
Any faculty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
its just stupid to say one uni has an absolute advantage in teaching than every other uni, because u'll find some faculties at some unis teach brilliantly, while other faculties might not be as good, so its extremely difficult to say which uni has the best teaching in general

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Well....ok....Tell me the worst and best....schools....subjects.....

what about - BE Software / BCom Finance @ UNSW

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
your question is pretty vague. every uni and every faculty has a different quality of 'teaching'. It all depends on who the lecturer is and his personality and the resources of that faculty.

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Ok thanks.

Well...tell me some good ones and some bad ones. I know it's general but I would like an idea. You can make it specific!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, example in my faculty - my lecturer for a 1st yr International Business subject (a doctor from the School of International Business) is brilliant, because shes a clear talker, knows what shes talking about (ie, the material she teaches is usually her own intellectual property) and most importantly, u can learn from her. However, my lecturer for foundation Microeconomics (a doctor from the school of Economics) is pretty crap because he isnt a clear talker, the material he uses is all off the textbook (even exam questions), and is sometimes confusing when he explains the examples...

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Well ... thanks for the example.

So it varies within a uni.

"Then it lists some very depressing statistics for the quality of teaching at NSW and Sydney, depending on subject area. Does anyone want specific examples?" - I read that somewhere and I get an impression that generally at syd uni and unsw the teaching is not that good...am I wrong?

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well ... thanks for the example.

So it varies within a uni.

"Then it lists some very depressing statistics for the quality of teaching at NSW and Sydney, depending on subject area. Does anyone want specific examples?" - I read that somewhere and I get an impression that generally at syd uni and unsw the teaching is not that good...am I wrong?
I guess, because these uni's are more inclined towards research than teaching, u get a lot of genius academics, who are brilliant researcher's, but when they come to lecturing, they aren't so brilliant anymore..

kewell101

HSC
N/A
In uni you learn on your own right? So it doesn't really matter if you a great or poor lecturer?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
In uni you learn on your own right? So it doesn't really matter if you have a great or poor lecturer?
Well, U still learn in lectures...unless of course u did say, 4U maths and the subject is teaching 2U level material (in which case, yes, u'd learn on ur own). But really, for some concepts, u'll learn it most effectively by attending lectures, cos usually they explain things in a way thats easier to comprehend than reading pages of textbook waffle

Asq - Oh? for fun huh? It's a pretty boring subject which ironically I'm averaging HD in..

kewell101

HSC
N/A
Well, U still learn in lectures...unless of course u did say, 4U maths and the subject is teaching 2U level material (in which case, yes, u'd learn on ur own). But really, for some concepts, u'll learn it most effectively by attending lectures, cos usually they explain things in a way thats easier to comprehend than reading pages of textbook waffle

WOw,,, so uni is suppose to be like that?

They only teach 50% of the course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)