Which Online News source? (1 Viewer)

Where do you source your online news from?

• ABC

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • The Australian

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SMH

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • SBS World News

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Daily Telegraph

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Age

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Where do you source your online news from?
Do you use difference sources for National vs International news?
What's the most politically biased?
The most trashy/appeal-to-the-masses source? Probably obvious here though. *coughDTcough*

I'd probably say mine has been a mix between The Australian and SMH of late, for both national and international.

EDIT: I just realised that with The Australian, DT and Courier Mail are technically within the one group, being news.com.au. In that case, choose whichever the newspaper source you read from within that online group.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Main sources: News.com.au, SMH, ABC, The Australian, The Age, BBC News, CNN.

I check the first three many times a day.

I also keep an eye on the DT, Courier Mail and the Herald Sun.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont like any of the newspapers' online services. Too chaotic and not updated enough. I like the more beefy analysis, but not on a screen

Drudge.com is also pretty lol. It's less relevatn atm though, but pretty funny in its clawing attempts to get at Obama

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Google news search, SMH online & news.com

and stupidly enough, those little advertisments and news bits they play at the bottom of Windows Live Messenger lol.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
news.com is a dirt-pig dog of a tabloidlite bogan source imo

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
news.com.au fucking makes me want to kill people. but i like it because it gives me an insight into the opinion of the average moron retard invalid retard bogan retard about news and a current affairs

HSC
fox news

- fair and balanced
^I hope you were being sarcastic^:)

Fox news is the most biast and unfair network I have ever seen in my life. They make a mockery of journalistic integrity and their views are clearly and consistanty biast on all issues by the republican party. They appeal to the hard of thinking because they tell you what opinions you should have rather than giving you all the evidence they:
  • give you evidence that often isn't even true
  • ask random people on the street for their opinions and edit in the ones they like whether they are factually correct or not
  • Ask experts to come on their show and then shout them down in order to prevent them from saying things they don't like
  • Treat people like experts when they actually know nothing about the issue they are talking about
  • Hide important news in their ticker while they talk about celebrities and human intrest stories
By far the worst news network availible. You could be better informed by reading your horoscope than watching this trash. And no I don't like horoscopes either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)