Which do you find harder, physics or chemistry? (1 Viewer)

wanton-wonton

HSC
TimeAndTide said:
What the hell are you trying to say?? You need to understand the whole concept of time travel, not just remembering the definitions as the teacher teaches you.

I remember in the 2002 (i think) paper asking for proof of time dilation by observing the life span of mesons entering the atmosphere. How are you going to answer that by only using the defnition?
So you saying you have to remember the DERIVATION of the equations?? That's nuts, because in the Jacaranda books, it goes all crazy and there is no way (unles it is necessary) that I'm gonna even look at it. All I'm remembering is the definition, the equation, and how to apply the equation to questions.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i find them heeps similar in difficulty, i no som1 who chose 2 drop chem but kept phys due to difficulty of chem, even thou he came 1st in chem. neway they are similar in difficulty n relativity isnt that hard, it actually makes sence

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
So you saying you have to remember the DERIVATION of the equations?? That's nuts, because in the Jacaranda books, it goes all crazy and there is no way (unles it is necessary) that I'm gonna even look at it. All I'm remembering is the definition, the equation, and how to apply the equation to questions.
How the hell are you going to answer the question. In fact, when you get the formula on your formulae sheet, how are you going to know which one is which. You don't need to know the derivation or formulae-proof, just remember the formula and which units are which.

[EDIT]: Ask Xayma. Hey dude, tell him about how you killed the physics paper.

wanton-wonton

HSC
TimeAndTide said:
How the hell are you going to answer the question. In fact, when you get the formula on your formulae sheet, how are you going to know which one is which.
Common sense, it's not brain sugery to figure out which equation to be used on a certain question. (I'm staying away from Rocket Science comment).

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Common sense, it's not brain sugery to figure out which equation to be used on a certain question. (I'm staying away from Rocket Science comment).
So theres to and t in the time dilation formula. Which one is which?

[EDIT]: You should see the 2002 standards thing....they used length contraction formula for time, and then some switched the actual time with the dilated one....jeez...

Last edited:

wanton-wonton

HSC
I'll take a look at it, can you specify which question? As in the number?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You won't be asked to derive the formulas. Quite frankly it is way to maths for the HSC.

The length, time and mass equations are just basic variations of each other. Knowing what t0 and tv isn't that crucial.

It is far easier to remember
As an object has a greater velocity relative to another:
It's mass gets larger
It's length in the direction of velocity shorter
Time slows down in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)