Which do you find harder, physics or chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Helstar87

HSC
Hey! Just out of interest, I was wondering which topic everybody finds harder, physics or chemistry? (That is, if you do both) I reakon physics is alot easier to understand in comparison than chemistry. What do you reakon?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Both are pretty easy at the HSC level.

Both have their boring points (Water Management, parts of the historical aspects of physics, such as Einstein and Planck).

It really depends on the person. I found them pretty much the same.

tennille

HSC
Chemistry is hard because there is too many things to learn and remember. Some of the concepts in physics are a bit hard. But both are not overly difficult.

JumboKHS

HSC
I think physics is way easier. The theory and mathematics in both subjects are equally easy but in chemistry you also have to remember chemical equations and molecular structures etc.

dangerousdave

HSC
JumboKHS said:
I think physics is way easier. The theory and mathematics in both subjects are equally easy but in chemistry you also have to remember chemical equations and molecular structures etc.
I agree, physics definitely easier

Not Too Bright

Chemistry much easier maybe because i done the advanced course (done 11 year course in year 10 finished this year :D

and physics i don't get nothing so far time dilation mass dilation aether i'm bored out my mind (btw i have being playing games on pda in physics and the teacher doesn't care!!!)

HSC
I have the same teacher for both and he's the coolest in the world so that helps...but i just understand the concepts we're learning in physics better and i'm more interested in them than chem coz for me it's, without sounding corny...mind-boggling? (gah! i couldn't escape the corniness could i?)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
In my opinion, for HSC physics is harder with all the social context built into it. Otherwise it's easier since it's mostly maths.

HSC
my teacher told me that apparently for the OLD hsc course (this term is used all the time in our class) the HSC was like 70% maths but now its more conceptual, with only like 20-30% or something. Man, in terms of retaining info, i wish it was still the same (but u actually had to REMEMBER the 50 equations that they give you now...but i'd be willing to deal with that :))

Phantasy

HSC
N/A
I think that chemistry is way easier.

I think that alot of the concepts in physics is harder than those of chemistry. With chemistry, you know matters made of atoms, atoms do reaction, reactions do this. I think that it is alot more logical.

However with physics there is alot more stuff on time dilation and length contraction and so on, and I find it harder to understand what they are trying to say.

May also be the fact that I have a kickass teacher for chemistry, and a drone for physics.

Jaydels

HSC
I find physics easier, probably because i find it much more interesting than chemistry, therefore try harder. The concepts in physics are much harder to understand than chemistry, but once you get it its pretty easy.

wanton-wonton

HSC
chemistry is harder by farrrrrr....... I am struggling just to keep up.

Physics is pretty easy, at least for Space.

Phantasy said:
However with physics there is alot more stuff on time dilation and length contraction and so on, and I find it harder to understand what they are trying to say.
For that, I reckon the best way is just to accept what you are told and only question within the scope of what is being taught, instead of going nuts and try and question and doubt everything.

Last edited:

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
What the hell are you trying to say?? You need to understand the whole concept of time travel, not just remembering the definitions as the teacher teaches you.

I remember in the 2002 (i think) paper asking for proof of time dilation by observing the life span of mesons entering the atmosphere. How are you going to answer that by only using the defnition?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You don't need to understand the concepts of time travel, but you have to understand the concepts of relativity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)