Where to get Japanese stuff (1 Viewer)

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
I haven't yet compiled a list or anything of the major Japanese CD chains, but I DID check
yesasia.com
They have at least 2 Zelda music CDs :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah! A spark of hope!

Alas, neither of those came from the games. Still, thank you VERY MUCH for helping me! :D

I owe you almost anything you could ask for.

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Ah! A spark of hope!

Alas, neither of those came from the games. Still, thank you VERY MUCH for helping me! :D

I owe you almost anything you could ask for.
Ah.. this is the first thing I came across. I haven't even got to the chains yet :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The chains sound promising. I remember reading about people walking into music stores and picking up MegaMan, and Killer Instinct (way back in 1995 or other such time).

:love:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To be honest there is little to no Extension Japanese material available, simply because the course is both obscure and dynamic. It has no textbook, and the chapters you study change every year.

If you're lucky Toodulu may have something, but it seems all that's left of my submissions are buried in obscurity...

(if you like I'll see if I can find the right threads)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hello! unfortunately i gave away all my japanese notes. but we're doing different excerpts from the book anyway. i'd love to help anyone with part I questions and brainstorm issues though. i've got lots of tips and stuff, my teacher was very experienced (used to be a senior marker and wrote the wakatta textbook if you know it)

p.s. i don't know how many hsc ext jap students actually visit this forum, but i think a thread brainstorming issues and questions plus exam tips would be heapsa helpful dude

Michiru

HSC
just like to add, there's a jap lunch buffet called Yutaka at 125 Bathurst St in da city that is pretty good.

if you're lookin for a more fancy place though, say for when you wanna take your girl/boy friend out, go to Misashi. its near Capitol Theater. The place serves really good food at a ok price. Also, the place is usually pretty busy so you might need to book ahead. ^-^

ohoh! one more place! There's a sushi shop behind George St, across from Green Box (da kareoke place) that is run by a Korean. THe sushi there are the cheapest i've seen so far. ^-^

I'm not sure if ne has posted this b4, but there is a japan-mart 2 streets down from the QVB. The stuff there are pretty cool, although somewhat expensive. THey sell Onigiri moulds, for ne1 that is interested. The only catch about this shop is, it is only open till noon.

~JiNnIE~

HSC
Thanx Lexicographer and Toodulu ! *^.^* I appreciate your help.
uc I'm stressed about my speaking exam. I hab no idea, and HSC is just around da corner! I'm scared...??.??

Last edited:

hebretto

Originally posted by kouri
Alright, jap music. i just figured out where you can get it.

that alley hall way across from market city, next to modellors world :)

they sell japanese music.
and newbie, theres "do as infinity' wow :)
That would be Golden Winner Network. There's also a store on the 2nd floor at the same complex, take the escalators and once you're up there there should be a computer store to your left, and behind that (more or less) is another music store.

There is also another one in Sussex Centre (on the left hand side as you enter from George St doors). That store carries alot of anime (some r4 some r0) as well as audio CDs (not sure if they have any Japanese stuff or not)

However you don't go there if you want legitimate Japanese music CDs, iirc the ones they supply would be the Hong Kong (or international as YesAsia puts it). It's cheaper than the Japanese ones. Most stores in Chinatown that sells audio CDs should have a Japanese section

Personally I wouldn't recommend C3 ... just doesn't look professionally manned (first impressions from the exterior, I never actually BEEN inside) ... bubble tea isn't exactly their expertise either

snoopy05

HSC
nxt to artarmon station, there's a japanese movie store, i went into it once, i think they had video tapes..
but then all the DVDs at the back are all hollywood stuffs, and.. kill bill only.
but then again, there might me some japanese dramas,

but then again again, you could -BUY- them for normal 20$ to 30$ for 1 volume of it at the arcade across china town..

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
jap uniforms

my friend (guy) has a current phase of jap school uniforms. anyone have ANY idea how he could get hold of one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)