where should i do work experience? (1 Viewer)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
how about:
a) somewhere you like
b) somewhere vaguely linked to your possible future career

danielm873

HSC
Hey,
Can anyone plz helpme to find some year 10 work experience in either the finance or aviation industries. Does anyone know anywhere (only if you really know)?:bomb:

Schoey93

HSC
how about:
a) somewhere you like
b) somewhere vaguely linked to your possible future career
LOL... no shit Sherlock! :D

If you have no idea what industry you would like to work in when you "grow up" (i.e. leave high school), I'd suggest the following work experiences:

• Journalism (what's not to love, you're in the thick of it, you're reporting on CURRENT affairs, analysing and strategising every day of your life! :) )
  • Law/legal services (TAFE offers a Diploma of Legal Services)
  • Nursing
  • Medicine
All these work sectors, except for Journalism and Nursing, are relatively stable (in terms of job availability). There is a SKILLS SHORTAGE in the Nursing sector, meaning there are STACKS of jobs on offer, especially for Registered Nurses (nurses trained at universites, instead of Colleges of TAFE).

Journalism is the complete opposite, there is no skills shortage. There is, in fact, only a few jobs to spare!

Oh and do Geography next year! It is a really well-rounded subject that has an insane spread of content, it scales well, is quite challeging (and fun!) and it helps you decide what you want to do (i.e. what job/s you would like in the near future).
If Geography is not for you, similar things can be said for Economics (awesome subject, very well-rounded, content-heavy and best of all it is the only subject that actually gets updated every year (for your exams you require knowledge of the CURRENT state of the Australian economy).

I hope this helps. Ciao ciao a tutti! (Bye bye everyone - for now!)

:) James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)