Where/how u learn to write chinese? (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Dude, tell me about it. I WINZ CHINESE

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
williamycai said:
DAMN i can't understand a word of people singing in mando...zzzzzzzzzzz.....
though i've listen to chou's Nocturne for a while now

http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/

oh and xo..u should watch a moment to remember if u are into kmovies
thanks!
i think i've heard of that one actually.
who's in it??

if you like a chinese song, find the lyrics and translations.
like for jay i go to jay-chou.net
[at least i think that's what it is]
just google it lah.
i like nocturne too.
and jian dan ai [simple love] is cute too.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
nope, it still dun work...

i remember this graffiti wen i was in primary on the canteen door

Winston

HSC
William, another tip from me is listen to canto songs and look at the lyrics too.

When i was learning mando, i always wanted the canto equivalent of the word as well, you'll learn a lot as well.

Winston

HSC
williamycai said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=336937473222634589&q=a+moment+to+remember+duration:long

the whole movie is there...

and thanks again winston..i'm doing that at the moment, but theres ALOT of phrases i dun get, but better than nothing

If there's a lot of phrases you don't understand, it will be a lot harder as well. I know plenty of canto phrases, that's why the process of learning new things was a lot easier. Remember formal speaking and writing of canto is not the same as speaking everyday canto, about half your canto vocab probably could not be written out in chinese, but over time many people in HK tend to make up chinese chars to compensate for words in canto that did not exist, but i mean if you were to give it to someone who speaks mandarin to read it they probably couldn't make out a lot of it because it's not formal chinese.

You're trying too hard to push it into yourself all at once, it is a progressive thing, and you won't be a whiz over night.

There's a beginners in chinese course at Insearch UTS, that's about $220 for 10 weeks and it's everyweek on tuesday nights, you can check that out.

I was going to enrol in it, but i realised i learnt it all in uni in one semester.

I personally would advise you to enrol in night classes or something to learn it with a group, you would end up learning better, at least it's more challenging and you'll want to do better.

Trust me on one thing, once you get the basics in line and understand how words are pieced together, you'll know more words. Also actively ask your parents as well, if you see a character that looks funny looking, ask them what it is.

What i did was, i learn 5 characters a day, for a whole year at home, so 365 days x 5, you do the maths, it's very beneficial.

Choose the best way that will get it in your head.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah speaking canto with your parents is also very beneficial

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
South PAcific Education Centre, paid attention 11% of the time.

edit: miles edgeworth should get the fuck off this earth without life support equipment

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)